Job Description Summary
We're supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We're now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible. The role is homebased though you will need to travel on the regular (predominately across the UK but also some global) and our generous basic and benefits package also comes with a company car.
If you are looking for the next step in your career, what better than deploying mission critical integrated bespoke software and solutions into blue light emergency services market? As a project engineer, we need you to help us deliver our mission critical solutions from conception into live operational service to help our blue light customers save lives.
You'll undergo an intensive training period with us so you're fully knowledgeable and skilled to become a part of our dedicated team deploying our solutions across the UK, Ireland, Europe and beyond.What you'll be doing:
What we're looking for:
- Building, commissioning and upgrading our product solutions within customer environments
- Investigating faults on both hardware and software
- Travelling to customer sites across the UK, including overnight stays
- Creating, reviewing and updating engineering documentation such as work plans, work instructions and technical guides
- Working closely with internal teams to coordinate the projects and activities
- Clearly communicating with customers with different levels of technical understanding
About Capita Secure Solutions and Services
- An understanding of Windows Microsoft Server, Active directory / domain architecture
- Experience of using & deploying Microsoft Windows 10 and Windows Server (up to 2019) operating systems
- Knowledge of MySQL/MySSQL
- The ability to stay calm under pressure and think clearly
- Strong communication skills with the ability to talk to people at different levels
- A real enthusiasm for learning
- Good problem solving skills with the determination to see things through to completion
- Because of nature of the role we will need to obtain Security clearance for you access sites (we can do this during your training period).
Capita SSS is a business unit sitting within the Software services division of the wider Capita group. SSS provides innovative, secure, resilient solutions and services to a wide variety of blue light public safety organisations, along with other government and non-government public safety agencies. These include emergency services, critical responders and national infrastructure providers.
Capita SSS support a global client base with customers throughout Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia, Australasia and North America. In the UK SSS is a market leader providing products and services to 90% of UK Police Forces, 65% of UK Fire & Rescue services and 100% of UK Ambulance Trusts. This is along with several significant public safety agencies including British Transport Police (BTP), Highways England (HE), Civil Nuclear Police (CNC), Ministry of Defence Police (MDP) and UK Coastguard (HMCG).What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary and company car
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks...and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now'
to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita's offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.