Our client is a well-established and highly reputable firm specialising in the provision of engineering machinery. Due to substantial growth and continued investment in new and innovative machine tools, our client is seeking an ambitious and determined Machine Tool Fitter to join their talented workshop team.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, between 8:00am - 5:00pm.
In return, you will receive a competitive starting salary between £24,000 - £28,000 depending on experience. You will also gain the chance to undergo further training on various machinery and equipment, which will pave the way for career progression.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Maintain and service in-house a wide variety of specialist machine tools and equipment, including CNC's, lathes, millers, spindles, planers, moulders, grinders, edgebanders, and so on
- Strip down machinery and diagnose mechanical faults
- Fit new tooling parts including oil filters, bearings, motor drives, belts, hydraulics, pneumatics etc.
- Ensure the correct ordering of spare machine tool parts
- Assist the site maintenance team with the installation and commissioning of brand-new machinery
- Maintain up to date knowledge of machinery within the woodworking, non-ferrous, plastics and composites industry
- Read and follow instructions from engineering drawings and CAD diagrams
- Attend regular training sessions on new and used machinery being introduced to the workshop
Qualifications and Experience:
- HNC/City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge and fitting and repairing woodworking machinery would be an advantage
- CNC machine experience desirable but not essential
- Confident in being able to work from engineering drawings/machine diagrams without supervision
- Passionate about embracing new technology and committed to carrying out ongoing training
If you know you have the required skills and experience and would like to find out more please apply now.
Unfortunately we are unable to contact all candidates due to the large volume of applications we receive. If you have not heard from a consultant within the next three days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Please do not hesitate to apply for other suitable roles in the future.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Express Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Express Recruitment Ltd. are those of an Employment Agency