Norse Group is built on a foundation of joint ventures with Local Government and commercial partners, delivering property consultancy, commercial services and facilities management expertise across the UK. We support our frontline delivery of services with a number of back office infrastructure support, including a professional Environmental, Quality & Compliance and Health & Safety team (SHEQ Team).
As we continue to offer extended expertise to the Group in regards to environmental compliance and best practice, we are looking to recruit an Environmental Advisor into our Norwich based team. This is a business facing role, where you will be responsible for implementing and monitoring initiatives that maintain compliance with relevant law and legislation.
Your dedication of continuous personal development will ensure the Group remains up-to-date, and you will use the knowledge when you take responsibility for;
* Monitoring, updating and development of the environmental Integrated Management System (IMS)
* Collecting, assessing and analysing environmental performance data from the Group
* Supporting the preparation of ISO 14001 certification audits
* Preparing and delivering tool-box talks to the business on environmental issues
* Investigating accidents and incidents involving environmental matters
Our Successful Candidate:
Whilst you will need to demonstrate a combination of knowledge, relevant qualifications and experience for the role, this is also a development opportunity and you will be supported in personal growth within the field. To be successful in the role, you will need to be able to highlight;
* NEBOSH National Certificate in Environmental Management (or equivalent)
* Associate Membership of IEMA (AIEMA), working towards (or willing to work towards) Practitioner Membership
* Knowledge of relevant legislation and best practice governing environmental legislation
* Proven experience in a similar environmental position
* Capable of assisting with or undertaking environmental audits
* Confident delivering training and presentations to a varied audience
* Previous experience carrying out accident investigations
* Full UK Driving Licence to meet the travel requirements of the role
We are committed to employment practices and behaviours which encourage diversity, promote equality of treatment and eliminate unlawful and or unfair discrimination.
Please read the attached job description and person specification to ensure you meet the criteria for the role before applying.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful and will not be progressed to the next stage