Are you looking for a new challenge? Would you like to be a part of a company that is experiencing extensive national and international growth? A market leading global engineering and manufacturing business supplying quality products and solutions to the Power Generation, Automotive and Aviation industries are looking to recruit a new Operations Director.Our Client:
The business has been trading for over 50 years, with over 200 staff members. The company focuses on non-conventional machining on a variety of materials. Processes such as S.T.E.M., capillary drilling, EDM/FHD, creep feed grinding and reciprocating grinding can be utilised to produce a product designed to customer requirements. There are also a range of conventional machining processes. The company is going through sustained growth and offers an excellent career opportunity to help drive this organic growth across the UK.
Reporting to the CEO of the Group the role is part of the executive management team and is required to have a strategic appreciation of the business as well as a detailed understanding of operational issues.Role Responsibilities:
- Qualified mechanical/production engineer.
- Precision Engineering/Machining background.
- Planning and Scheduling critical in the avoidance of bottlenecks and controlling inventory levels.
- Production Control.
- Supply Chain and procurement of high value materials and components.
- Budget control - Sound grasp of financial issues and focused on cost reduction.
- Ensure all functions meet the budget/forecast targets and seeking opportunities for ongoing cost reductions wherever possible.
- Proven team leader and motivator.
- Lean Manufacturing implementation.
- ERP System Development is important for maximising effectiveness and the role will have responsibility for the generation of data on which to base business and day to day decisions.
- Previous operations/manufacturing management experience.
- Experience in overseeing staff and running a manufacturing operation.
- Self-driven and good people management skills.
- Ability to relate and work with diverse people from different cultures.
- Experience of and working with a multi-disciplinary team approach.
- Strong negotiation skills and strong customer focus.
- Self-motivated with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure and achieve agreed targets.
- Understanding and working knowledge of financial costing, Profit and Loss and Balance Sheets.
- Strategic agility.
- Proven high quality management and business acumen.
- Service driven, innovative; reliable and assertive.
This role offers a superb opportunity for the right candidate to flourish within a modern, dynamic business with considerable potential for further growth. If you fit the criteria and are interested in applying for this position then please click apply.