IQVIA's Medical and Patient Communications team, a full service Communications agency offering end to end Sci Com solutions across the product lifecycle, are looking for an experienced Account Director.
In this role you will:
- Take overall responsibility and accountability for the direction, delivery and financial growth and management of a portfolio of Sci Com and in particular, Scientific Communications client accounts, leading account team to achieve these goals
- Provide strategic counsel and guidance to clients, cultivating strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers and assisting them to achieve their goals through the proposal and development of high-quality communications solutions
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of customer organisations and high visibility within them, generating quality contact with senior-level client stakeholders both within client teams and across product franchises. Raise the profile of Communications team and IQVIA within target client companies
- Provide strategic direction on allocated accounts encompassing all aspects of program / project development using knowledge of market issues, company and strategic project objectives. Link in with IQVIA service offerings where appropriate to ensure the most successful solutions for clients.
- Work closely with project management team to ensure the delivery of agreed solution and take overall responsibility for the quality of deliverables and outputs ensuring client satisfaction and compliance with our SOPs
- Review financial performance of allocated client portfolio, including meeting sales, servicing, profitability targets and obtaining budget sign off prior to senior review
- Proactively initiate actions to maximise growth and profitability of accounts
- Contribute to accounts' new business development targets and in association with MPC leadership team, develop targeted action plans to grow existing business and identify new business opportunities
- Participate (Lead) proposal development and sales / proposal presentations
- Proactively participate and lead client discussions with counsel of analogous marketing launch situations.
- Identify opportunities for business growth through new product development as well as market share
- Maintain general knowledge of all Medical and Patient Communications services for appropriate cross-sell opportunities
- Collaboratively work with executive members of global management team to deliver the company's strategic plan, taking responsibility for specific assignments and company initiatives, e.g. task forces or training
- Participate in relevant industry forums and establish a reputation and network within the wider marketing communications industry
- The successful candidate will have proven expertise in Scientific Communications / Medical Affairs Communications, including publications planning and execution, evidence dissemination activities, advisory boards and Medical Science Liaison communication tools
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.