About Network Rail
We at network rail are dedicated to becoming one of Britains best employers and believe this starts with placing the candidate at the heart of everything we do!
Our ambition to be responsive to passengers and freight users, drives us every day and were empowered to do the right thing for those who use the rail network. We actively challenge unsafe practices and take responsibility for addressing risks, resolving issues and protecting safety and wellbeing.
Were passionate about great service and we ask ourselves, what can we do to put our passengers and freight users at the centre of everything we do? With this in mind, we pull together as one industry because we care about people and teamwork is key. For more information a bout Network Rail click here Brief Description
Network Rail operates and maintains the railway infrastructure 24/7 365 days a year.
You will be part of the North West & Central (NW&C) Region which consists of three routes:
- North West Route, covering Manchester, Liverpool, Lancashire and Cumbria.
- Central Route, covering the West Midlands and Chiltern areas.
- West Coast Mainline South Route*, covering the West Coast main line south of Crewe to London Euston.
We are looking for hardworking people from all backgrounds to join our journey and move us forward by having a rewarding career, the right lifestyle balance and great benefits in a caring environment. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider flexible working applications. If we can make it work we will! About the role (External) Brief Description
As a Senior Signalling Renewal and Enhancement Asset Engineer you will lead the development and implementation of the signalling renewals work bank on the Route on behalf of the Route Principle Engineer.About the role
- Lead the Signalling Renewals activities within each control period, prioritising renewals items in the work bank based on asset condition and performance.
- Lead the Specification of requirements to support renewal, refurbishment and enhancement investment interventions including design approval and any specific requirements for acceptance of the equipment into maintenance.
- Lead the production of project requirement specifications and acceptance criteria for Signalling engineering works to achieve the required scope and quality in accordance with company asset policies.
- Following handover to delivery, support the development and implementation of projects to confirm the renewals requirements are correctly interpreted, that any changes in scope are agreed, the agreed deliverables in the asset management plan are delivered and that the scheme delivers the project remit.
- Lead cost and volume monitoring and reporting.
- Manage the inclusion of allocated items into appropriate programmes and monitor through to completion, including approval of programme changes.
- Determine and advise on the implications if work is not undertaken in the recommended timeframe including impact on appropriate asset measures and outputs (ie. Deferred renewals).
- Check that accurate and comprehensive records relating to the existence, configuration and modification history of Signalling engineering assets are maintained and that they accurately reflect their current as built status.
- Work with the Regional team to develop and maintain route asset management plans and prioritisation of the Route Signalling work bank.
- Carry out asset condition inspections that will inform the Signalling asset condition database and the renewals work bank.
- Identify issues of national significance and elevate to the national team. Support the development and review of national standards relating to renewals and enhancements.
- Manage the Signalling Renewal and Enhancement Team.
- Participate in investigations of incidents as required.
- Incorporated Engineer
- Degree in a relevant subject or equivalent
- Membership of relevant professional institution
- Substantial Signalling engineering experience, particularly related to renewals and enhancements
- Holds relevant professional licences and technical qualifications, or capable of achieving within reasonable timescales
- An understanding of policy and technical, safety and performance standards relating to signal engineering
- Holds valid UK driving licence, or eligible and willing to obtain
How to apply (External) How to apply External
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
We will endeavour to provide a gender diverse interview panel wherever possible.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour
is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment personal commitment to safety in their application.
A career with Network Rail is a journey and we will do everything we can to make it a great one. That means plenty of support for personal and professional development. It also means a great range of benefits. Discover more at https://www.networkrail.co.uk/careers/life-at-network-rail/
We adhere to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the following pay range
: starting at 51,156 and increasing to 57,551 per annum
As an arms length department of the UK Government, Network Rail is required to comply with a well-established pre-employment vetting process for all prospective employees.
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) checks require prospective employees of Network Rail to meet the following requirements;
- Provide eligibility to work in the UK and identity documentation
- Complete a satisfactory 3 year employment history check
- Complete a satisfactory unspent criminal conviction disclosure check
For more information regarding BPSS pre-employment related checks, please visit the UK Government website for further information.This vacancy is Band 3C, starting at 51,156 and increasing to 57,551 per annum. Closing date
: 7 th December 2020
For further information, please contact Andrew Witton on 07825 969282.