Our client is seeking a an experienced *** Bookkeeper *** to join their dynamic outsourced services department.
Working within an Accountancy firm, the Bookkeeping role involves control of a portfolio of clients. The clients cover a wide variety of industries and the services provided to the client are tailored to the client's needs. The role includes but is not limited to the following:
* To ensure the bookkeeping, management accounts and VAT returns are processed accurately, timely and efficiently.
* Carry out a critical review of management accounts and review on material variances.
* Take ownership and responsibility for a portfolio of bookkeeping clients.
* Train clients on bookkeeping software as and when required.
Desirable competencies for the Bookkeeping role:
* The candidate will be an experienced bookkeeper with a minimum of 5 years' experience.
* Comfortable with multitasking.
* Ability to manage own workload.
* Attention to detail and accuracy.
* Good working experience of bookkeeping software (ideally Xero).
* Excellent communication and written skills.
* Organised & efficient.
* Willingness to roll sleeves up and help out where ever needed.
* Supportive and reliable team member.
* Loyal and self motivated.
* Displays integrity and commitment.
* Adaptable to work in different manners and with different software.
* Good at problem solving.
* Experience of working within a Practice.
* Can work to budgets and deadlines.
Remuneration package for the Bookkeeper job vacancy:
* Competitive salary based on experience and skill set.
* Private medical insurance (after completion of a 6 month probation period).
* Free parking at the office.
* Discretionary home working, performance bonus and Christmas closure.
* 20 days holiday + bank holidays.
* CPD webinars to maintain knowledge of the latest VAT rules.
Our client's offices are located on the south side of Northampton and they some 25 minutes commute from Brackley. Our client offers discretionary flexibility in terms of working arrangements (home/office), performance based bonus and office closure over the Christmas week