Nigel Wright Supply Chain and Procurement Team are working with a dynamic, not for profit organisation seeking to employ an Assistant Procurement Specialist to work within a dedicated Procurement Team covering a 12 month period of maternity.The Role
Your remit will include both supporting fellow Procurement Team members and advising key internal stakeholders in best procurement practice during a pivotal period of strategic transition.
- Key point of contact for requests for procurement/procurement issues
- Preparation work for tenders, including market analysis
- Reviewing tender responses and quotations - focusing upon best value
- Supplier assessment/performance reviews
- Maintaining data integrity within e-portal
- Liaison with key internal stakeholders/clients upon key procurement projects
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Proven track record in a similar procurement role - public sector procurement background essential
- Assertive and self-sufficient with strong organisational and prioritisation skills, able to manage multiple projects and to work on own initiative
- Experienced in contract negotiations across a broad variety of categories
- Excellent communication, stakeholder engagement and relationship building skills - a real team player
If you fit the above criteria and are available to start a 12 month fixed term contract at short notice, please get in contact with an updated CV for a further discussion.