This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate wishing to work on a Technical Support Desk supporting a wide range of customers across all verticals. This role provides a first point of contact, handling calls and emails from customers and providing 1st line and 2nd line hardware and software support, as a member of the First Response team. The team's function is to provide customers with support on all aspects of their IT infrastructure including Networking, Server, Desktop & Laptop hardware (Tier 1 Products) and Software. The team currently work a staggered start (shift) pattern to cover Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 6.00pm (excluding bank holidays) with each team member working 37.5 hours per week, with shift patterns up to 24x7 anticipated in the future. The team also provide out of hours standby cover at an additional standby rate.
* To provide a professional 1st and 2nd line technical advisory, diagnostic and repair support service to customers within a busy Support Desk environment, via telephone and email
* To log calls on our Service Management System and if escalated, own them through to resolution
* To monitor/manage calls queues to ensure all incidents are dealt with within agreed SLA timescales, escalating where required to ensure that timescales are met
* To report and manage any incident that requires the services of a third party organisation.
* To ensure all support work undertaken is accurately recorded on the Service Management Systems (SMS), ensuring the SMS is kept fully up-to-date with the status of each ongoing problem
* To ensure that the escalation process is adhered to at all times and that the customer is fully updated on the status of all ongoing problems and escalations
* To provide overflow support to the Service Desk team during busy incident logging periods, answering 1st line calls and recording details on the SMS
* To ensure the Change Control Procedure is followed at all times
* To ensure compliance with the defined security policies regarding access to the System Support Centre area and any supported systems
* To provide an effective communications interface between the customer and the various resolving groups within the company
* To complete additional ad hoc project work, as required
* To assist the Service Management team by carrying out reasonable requests for additional duties as and when required
* To make recommendations on potential improvements to working practices and performance to improve service levels and customer satisfaction
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems and applications is essential.
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Server Operating Systems and core server applications
* Good working knowledge of Active Directory
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft 365
* Good understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and VPNs
* CompTia A+, N+ or S+
* Relevant Microsoft qualifications an advantage
* Experience of working in a similar role