A junior web developer with experience in a range of front end and back end technologies is needed by this leading FinTech startup established in 2015. You will join a small technical team designing and building a new digital client platform to provide visually engaging insights into the pricing, valuation and performance of financial investment research.
This new digital client platform will become the main interface for existing clients - many of the world's leading asset managers - as they transition from current email reports-based deliveries. It will also become a driver for deeper client engagement and data-driven insights, as they expand into new markets.
The current platform consists of a Laravel backend, Vue.js frontend and cloud-managed MySQL, with a Python-based platform for data. You will also have opportunities to enhance their Wordpress-backed website and iterate on their research into machine learning models (currently in Java), to rank the quality and value of investment research.
A substantial investment in April 2020 has enabled the building of an in-house technical team in Edinburgh, and a real focus on how technology can help their clients. Whether working remotely or within their offices in London or Edinburgh, they believe strongly in providing a flexible, collaborative and rewarding environment with a mission to map the entire global investment research market.What you'll do:
What you'll bring:
- Develop and operate all Laravel and Vue.js based customer products, using modern, agile product development methodologies
- Support the development of internal tooling, including external and customer data ingestion, research document text extraction and machine learning processes and technology
- Collaborate closely with the commercial side of the business, to understand our customers' wants and needs and to provide data and tooling for the data scientists and content editors
- Help shape the future of the technical platform, using appropriate technologies and techniques to address scale, latency, quality and functional needs
- Learn valuable insights into the buy-side and sell-side of financial investment research
Great benefits include:
- Experience with full life-cycle web development, from gathering requirements, to developing and operating your services
- Experience with an MVC framework, such as Laravel or SpringBoot
- Experience working with relational databases such as MySQL
- Experience with an object oriented programming language, such as PHP or Java
- An independent, self-motivated and collaborative team player
- Ability to rapidly learn and adapt to changing situations and technologies
- Ownership and creative freedom on interesting projects
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- 25 days holiday plus UK public holidays
- Company pension contribution
- 2020 MacBook Pro laptop
- Learning and development budget for books, conferences and courses
- Flexible working hours and ability to work from a mix of home and office
Sounds interesting? Click APPLY
to send your CV for immediate consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/91276576