A DV Cleared Wintel Engineer is required for a one year contract within an MOD organisation based in Corsham.
Current and valid Developed Vetting is essential for this role.Key Outputs & Deliverables:
- Provision of specialist skills and experience in order to troubleshoot system and network problems including the diagnosis and resolution of hardware and software incidents and problems.
- Operate as a member of the OpNET (MOD designed and owned deployable communications and information system for UK and multinational military missions) Service Desk team.
- Capture and triage issues relating to Windows Server and related technologies including Exchange, Skype, SharePoint, SQL, ADFS, Active Directory (AD), DNS, PKI, VMware, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), SolarWinds.
- Administer AD including Group Policy Objects.
- Administer and monitor virtual server infrastructure.
- Conduct root-cause analysis, propose resolution of technical issues relating to Windows Server and related technologies (as above).
- Keep up to date with advancements in relevant technology and processes.
- Maintain security infrastructure including antivirus (AV) software, firewalls and endpoints.
- Administer backups, disaster recovery including service restoration.
- Performance monitoring of the IT infrastructure and proactive monitoring of systems and services.
- Use knowledge of TCP/IP to troubleshoot WAN/LAN issues.
- Contribute to the creation, management and evolution of polices, processes and procedures.
- Work within and to OLA/IBA/SLA thresholds for incidents, requests and problems.
- Concurrently manage several open tickets and mini projects.
- Current experience of working within a Level 3 IT service desk / help desk environment.
- Extensive Wintel administration and implementation experience, including Microsoft Windows Server OS, Windows 10, and related technologies - Exchange, Office 2016, O365, Skype, SharePoint, SQL, ADFS, AD, DNS, PKI, VMware, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), SolarWinds.
- Manage backup and (disaster) service recovery.
- Network troubleshooting, TCP/IP and general WAN/ LAN troubleshooting experience.
- Able to assemble and manage DHCP and DNS and fix issues related to them.
- Extensive understanding of AD, SCCM, SMTP, SCOM, DNS, PKI, AV, SQL & RDS.
- Experience in administering a VMware infrastructure including HA, DRS and ideally SRM.
- Formal Service Management qualification, ITIL v3 Foundation minimum.