A Qualified Financial Accountant is required to work for a defence company in Aberdeen. The jobholder will be reporting to the Reporting Finance Manager - Offshore supporting all aspects of Business Unit (BU) ERP, management reporting, BPC and statutory reporting.
This will include:-
- Submission of Sector and Group reporting on behalf of the Business Unit including monthly accounts, budgets (including consolidation), forecasts and strategic plans.
- Business model development and review - for all aspects of reporting and forecasting, including variance analysis
- Management accounting transactions for the BU as required including maintenance and updating of the Management Accounts system/process and BPC reporting system, order book, working capital, contract reporting.
- Short Term Cashflow process ownership
- Liaising with the UKA finance team in Group reporting matters, including additional reporting requirements for half year and year end periods.
- Provision of statutory reporting e.g. statutory accounts, tax packs, group submissions and national statistics returns for relevant legal entities.
- Interfacing with external auditors, including supporting deliverables and other ad hoc audit requirements
- Provide system administration e.g. the maintenance of the ERP structure, management of the chart of accounts and coding structure, management of period and year end closure.
- Providing support to the Reporting Finance Manager - Onshore in all ad hoc analysis requests (including providing input into technical accounting papers as and when required).
Candidates will be coming in hopefully to a month end, the environment will be challenging so candidates need to be prepared and self motivated.
Key outputs/deliverables will be:
- Month-end financial transactions to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial reporting
- Submission of BU management accounts to UKA on a monthly basis including income statements, balance sheets, working capital, cash management and order book
- Preparation and consolidation of BU monthly accounts and budgets
- Consolidation and presentation of BU results including relevant contract financial results, variance analysis
- Responsible for the delivery of BU monthly reporting packs, strategic plan financials, budgets and forecasts
- Weekly STC production of forecast, submission and co-ordination of cash target actions
- Adherence to all reporting timetables for monthly actuals, budget and forecast submissions
- Ensuring compliance with Group Finance policies and procedures (including initial review and challenge of internal audit questionnaires as completed by the BU's)
- Ad-hoc BU reporting, including responding to Sector and Group on urgent technical queries arising in respect of BU submissions.
- Ensuring the completeness of response to the external auditors in respect of audit deliverables
- Input to half-year and year end audit packs, tax packs and other Sector and Group reporting requirements.
- Full understanding of ERP structure and implications of changes implemented
- Identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of the services
- BU financial transactions for accurate and complete reporting
- Support the provision of up to date ERP system representing current business and contract structures
- Support the control of ERP master data structures
- Exception reporting resolution
- SME for ERP within BU
- Production/processing of accounting inputs to the management accounts, budgets and forecasts, including liaison with Business Unit finance stakeholders.
- Production of timely and technically accurate statutory reporting, meeting Sector and Group signing deadlines and other filing requirements.
- Production of ad-hoc BU reporting
- Short term cashflow production and cash target management
- Support the Finance Reporting Manager relationship with the external auditors and ensure timely fulfilment of deliverables requests during the audit processes
- Production of order book reports to support all analysis, pipeline, bids and aging of existing book.
- Support of year end audit packs, tax packs and other Group reporting requirements.
The jobholder will have a recognised professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, ACMA). Experience of audit and statutory accounts processes. Strong understanding of technical accounting, including IFRS and UK GAAP. Ability to understand and manipulate data to present clear and concise financial messages for review. Ability to ensure deadlines and targets are achieved or surpassed. Ability to maintain knowledge of industry and regulatory standards in respect to Financial Reporting.
BPC System experience is essential - SAGE, Exley, SAP. You will have previous experience working within Manufacturing/Oil and Gas along with a high level Excel capability.
CIMA; ACCA; FCCA; ACMA; GCMA; ACA; AAT; project accountant; management accountant; reporting accountant; finance manager; finance controller; FPA; forecasting; audits;