Quality is at the heart of what we do. Combining passionate people with leading technology, we work together to build trust in society. We put the team first and solve important problems by challenging the organisations we audit and being open to challenge ourselves. We take pride in our work and the profession, recognising audit as a deep specialism.
Hear from our UK Head of Audit about the evolution of the Audit and what opportunities PwC could have for you.
It's a really exciting time to be joining us. We're growing our teams across all areas of our Audit practice and investing a huge amount in our people, their skills and the technology available, as we continue to radically modernise our business and the way we serve our clients.
Learn more about The Future of Audit.
PwC's Northern Audit practice is a powerhouse of UK regional offices including Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Belfast. Together we service clients of all sizes, in a diverse range of sectors, delivering high quality External Audits and Audit related services. Understanding our clients needs and the risks they face is at the heart of what we do and is key to performing high quality audits.
Our Audit practice is growing rapidly and we have a number of opportunities for passionate people who are keen on shaping the future of Audit. A career with us will ensure you have exposure to an unparalleled breadth of client exposure, the very best technology and fantastic opportunities for career development.
The city of Aberdeen sustains over 1000 energy businesses and boasts the busiest heliport in Europe. Aberdeen also boasts a rich and vibrant food and drink industry, innovative tourism organisations, and burgeoning private business and life science sectors that are investing and growing.To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to
Essential Skills & Experience
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct
- Be CA / ACA / ACCA/ICAS qualified (or international equivalent)
- Or have equivalent work experience in Audit (you're an international candidate who technically qualifies in your home country by experience)
- Have experience of management of the audit from planning to supervision and review of the process
- Have flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the team
- Have the ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships
- Take a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
- You will have experience of interacting with senior level clients and management to develop and maintain business relationships
- Experience of IFRS, UK GAAP (including FRS 101/102) and international standards on auditing would be required
Find out more about our PwC office locations.
The skills we look for
Our people are curious and put quality first and foremost. They are inclusive and invest in themselves and their teams. They adapt to new challenges with flexibility, agility and intelligence. They speak up, role modelling constructive challenge whilst also being open to challenge themselves. They take pride in their profession, their work and their passion to deliver to the highest quality.Diversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.