Quality is at the heart of what we do. Combining passionate people with leading technology, we work together to build trust in society. We put the team first and solve important problems by challenging the organisations we audit and being open to challenge ourselves. We take pride in our work and the profession, recognising audit as a deep specialism.
Hear from our UK Head of Audit about the evolution of the Audit and what opportunities PwC could have for you.
It's a really exciting time to be joining us. We're growing our teams across all areas of our Audit practice and investing a huge amount in our people, their skills and the technology available, as we continue to radically modernise our business and the way we serve our clients.
Learn more about The Future of Audit.
Our Insurance Audit practice is market leading with an extensive portfolio of flagship clients across all areas of the market - Life, Non-Life, London Markets and Broking. Our team of 350 experts deliver audit services to our clients from offices across the UK. This provides our staff with a varied experience and great opportunities to learn and develop.
Joining Insurance Audit will give you the opportunity to work on both large and smaller audits. There is a broad range of client roles to align to your interest or give you a new challenge. Understanding our clients' businesses and the risks they face is at the heart of what we do and is of utmost importance in upholding the highest levels of audit quality.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Taking action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all
- Establishing the root causes of issues and tackling them, rather than just the symptoms
- Initiating open and honest coaching conversations at all levels
- Moving easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail
- Anticipating stakeholder needs, and developing and discussing potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required
- Developing specialised expertise in one or more areas
- Advising stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area
- Navigating the complexities of global teams and engagements
- Building trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation
- Upholding the firm's code of ethics and business conduct
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Be CA / ACA / ACCA / ICAS qualified (or international equivalent)
- Or have equivalent work experience in Audit (you're an international candidate who technically qualifies in your home country by experience)
- Have experience of management of the audit from planning to supervision and review of the process
- Have flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the team
- Have the ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships
- Take a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
- You will have experience of interacting with senior level clients and management to develop and maintain business relationships
- Experience of IFRS, UK GAAP (including FRS 101/102) and international standards on auditing would be required
Find out more about our PwC office locations.
The skills we look for
Our people are curious and put quality first and foremost. They are inclusive and invest in themselves and their teams. They adapt to new challenges with flexibility, agility and intelligence. They speak up, role modelling constructive challenge whilst also being open to challenge themselves. They take pride in their profession, their work and their passion to deliver to the highest quality.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.