Junior IT Helpdesk Support Technician - 18 Month Apprenticeship
Looking to turn your passion for all things IT into a career to be proud of? Want to earn a salary and gain industry experience while you study towards valuable IT qualifications? If so, read on.
Our client is recruiting on behalf of an organisation that brings ideas to life. They provide a full range of design, engineering and consultancy services to the built environment and they are passionate about improving the surroundings in which we all live and work.
They're currently looking for a Junior IT Helpdesk Support Technician to join them on an 18 month Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship.
As part of your apprenticeship, you'll be supported to gain a variety of qualifications, which will provide the perfect foundations for a rewarding career in IT. This will include MTA Network Fundamentals, MTA Software Development Fundamentals, Installing and Configuring Windows 10, Managing Modern Desktops, Microsoft Azure Fundamentals and the ITIL Foundation V4.
Your Future Prospects
Once you've completed your apprenticeship, there may be the opportunity to progress and take on a full-time role in the business, as well as the chance to undertake further development and learning.
As a Junior IT Helpdesk Support Technician, you'll learn how to provide technical support via an IT helpdesk portal, email, in person, over the telephone or through IM.
Some of your duties will include:
- Providing advice to end users
- Tracking and routing problems and requests
- Purchasing and configuring new IT kits
- Carrying out basic scripting
- Diagnosing and resolving technical hardware and software issues
- Installing OS such Windows 10 Pro, Windows Server 2016 and 2019
To be considered as a Junior IT Helpdesk Support Technician, you'll need:
- A GCSE in Maths at grade A* - C or 4 - 9 OR Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths
- A GCSE in English at grade A* - C or 4 - 9 OR Functional Skills Level 2 in English
- Good multi-tasking skills
- The ability to recognise and promptly respond to issues
- Strong communication skills
An IT qualification would be beneficial to your application, as would knowledge of call tracking applications. It would also be an advantage if you had knowledge of the fundamental operations of devices such as desktops, laptops, smartphones, tablets or printers.
Other organisations may call this role Apprentice IT Engineer, Junior IT Technician, Trainee Network Support Technician, Apprentice Network Support Analyst, or Technical Support Advisor.
This role would also be suitable for those considering an IT Apprenticeship, IT Internship, IT Training Programme, IT Support Apprenticeship, or an IT Engineering Apprenticeship.
- Salary of £12,000 per annum
- Pension with 3% employer contribution (from day one)
- 23 days' holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Employee referral scheme (if you recommend someone for a job, you get a bonus)
After your first six months, you'll also be entitled to the following:
- Annual season ticket loan for bus and train travel
- If you become a member of an association, we'll help with subscription costs
- Cycle to work scheme
- Simplyhealth cash back scheme
- Long service awards
So, if you're looking to take the first steps in your career as a Junior IT Helpdesk Support Technician, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.