L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.About the role:
We are seeking a Bid Manager to join us in Tewkesbury. They will report to the Head of Bids and join our small bids management function who are a part of the wider Projects & Programmes department.Responsibilities of the role:
Experience & Skills:
- Be accountable and responsible for successful delivery of all assigned Bid and Campaign Management
- In close liaison with Sales and other key departments/partners, lead the identification of bid strategies so as to achieve target prices and compliant/winning solutions
- Plan, specify and deliver the bids in line with the strategic plan/roadmap ensuring benefits align, including generation of Business Cases
- Lead bids; drive the timely generation of proposal management, technical, commercial and support inputs as appropriate, working with the applicable supporting departments as necessary
- Ensure that bid deliverables are to the appropriate levels of quality, on schedule, within budget, and in accordance with the bid plans
- Stakeholder management of multi-disciplined stakeholders from across the business
- Lead bid meetings
- Manage third party contributions to the bids as appropriate
- Carry out lessons learned sessions post bid submission and capture improvement actions
- Shipley based bid experience combined with a proven track record of delivering winning opportunities in a technical engineering environment, with specific Defence experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with experience of managing relationships across all levels of the business
- Highly computer literate in MS Office, Sharepoint and MS Project.
- A self-motivated team player, able to operate with the minimum of supervision and communicate clearly with employees at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- A recognised qualification in Bid Management or willingness to obtain (desirable)
- Experience of working with Government and international organisations (desirable)
- Working knowledge of SAP or CRM Tools (MS Dynamics) (desirable)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local la