Year 6 Teacher
Daily Rate £130-£140 PAYE. Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications.
The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are recent and solid teaching experience (no less than 3 years) and either QTS, or an equivalent teaching qualification.Starting Immediately - Temporary to Permanent Contract
Smart Teachers is recruiting a Year 6 Teacher to work in brilliant junior school based in Lewisham replacing the current teacher who has had to leave suddenly due to unforeseen circumstances. The successful Year 6 Teacher will start immediately on a temporary contract, and if successful will be offered a permanent role.The role
- Year 6 Teacher
- Class size of 20-25 pupils, including students with additional needs
- Help the wider school community
- Full time temporary contract to start
- Offers career boosting opportunities
- Separate sited junior school
- Modern look and outstanding facilities
- Local to the nearest station so transport is brilliant
- Can offer good career progression from within
- Ofsted rated as "Good"
- Mixed range of 1000 students
To be considered for the Year 6 Teacher position, you will:
- Hold QTS and a valid teaching qualification
- Have at least 3 years recent solid teaching experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent curriculum
- Have or be willing to apply for a DBS
- Be eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Have recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
How to apply
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
If you are a Year 6 Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our Primary Team on + quoting job reference DJW YR637692.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.