GCSE English TeacherLocation
: Cranborne, DorsetContract Type
: 3 days, 39 weeks.Salary
: In line with Teachers pay scale (starting point depending on experience)The Aurora Group
The Aurora Group is an innovative provider of education and care for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
We are currently looking for an English Teacher
where our Aurora Boveridge College
supports young people aged 16 - 25 with complex anxiety or mental health needs typically related to Asperger's Syndrome, Autism and other conditions.The role:
The key to this role will be your ability to deliver high quality teaching and learning of English subjects up to GCSE level to students and take responsibility for their progress, welfare and outcomes.
You will deliver a dynamic programme of English subjects, monitoring quality and standards within subjects, advising the Head of Education on appropriate resources and materials as required.
The role will give you the opportunity to contribute and tailor our English provision, ensuring all pupils meet their targets. The role will also utilise your up to date knowledge and understanding of the professional duties of teaching.Experience:
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate the following
- PGCE, QTS or equivalent teaching qualification and evidence of in-service training
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to coach and mentor support staff (Keyworkers)
- Ability to adapt teaching and communication skills, both written and verbal according to audience.
- Effective skills in planning, preparation, recording and reviewing pupils' progress.
- Ability to identify and de-escalate emotional and behavioural issues using positive behaviour management techniques
- Experience of delivering online learning (Moodle)
- Able to work within the parameters of the physical demands of the job role.
If this opportunity is something of interest, please contact the Recruitment team on .
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.The Aurora Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young adults in our care and is a disability confident and equal opportunities employer