Finance and Administration Manager - previous experience in Medical Devices Sector or with quality systems desired
We are seeking a Part-Qualified Accountant with prior experience working, possibly having worked in a healthcare setting, to support our future growth at our offices in St Ives, Cambridgeshire.
This is a new and pivotal role within the Company as we prepare for expansion in the medical devices sector, both nationally and internationally. Working closely with the MD and Director, you will be the cornerstone of an administrative function, with the opportunity to extend your position in either finance, office administration or quality as we expand.
The role has several aspects to support our small but highly innovative medical devices company as it brings a range of 3rd Generation digital medical devices to the UK and International markets and expands sales of its existing products in the UK and overseas. The ideal candidate will have experience of working in organisations that have: ISO quality certification, GDPR and Information Governance standards and will have undertaken a key role in supporting the deployment and implementation within their past and current role.Financial Duties
- Operate established system of financial controls appropriate to safeguard the assets of the company.
- Keeping highly accurate records sufficient to provide evidence of financial transactions and controls.
- Monthly management accounts, projections and reporting to Director level.
- Processing of bank payments and maintenance of secure documents.
- Management of the audit process.
- Applying appropriate accounting policies.
- R&D Project financial reporting as required.
- Responsible for all VAT matters.
- Assisting external accountants in preparation of corporation tax returns and R&D tax claims.
- Liaison with external providers including bank, auditors, tax advisers and accountant.
- Ensuring that staff sensitive information is kept confidential and safe.
- Participation in project teams to support financial reporting for Grant-funded projects.
Required Skills & Attributes
- Manage and record all post, deliveries and shipments.
- Answer and record telephone and customer support calls.
- Manage business insurances, leases and contracts.
- Manage Harvest time recording for projects and reconcile monthly.
- Maintain holiday register and reconcile to time recording.
- Maintain stock control and purchasing.
- Fulfil purchases via our sales channels.
- Manage the office environment, utilities and supplies.
- Support staff with administration / quality management / management as required.
- High level of personal organisation and strict attention to details.
- Management and leadership for a growing administrative function as the company expands.
- Part-Qualified accountant with at least 3 years of hands-on experience in Office Management and Finance roles.
- IT literacy, with experience of Xero accounting package.
- Competent with mobile phone technology and using apps.
- Team player with excellent personal skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Self-motivated and energetic.
£45,000-£50,000 depending on qualification and experience.Work hours:
37.5 hours / week with core hours between 09:00-18:00Holiday:
25 days / year.Pension:
Employer and employee contribution.We do not work with employment agencies, so kindly please do not contact us.