Our Commercial Technical Underwriting (CTU) team is growing, and we have an exciting opportunity for a job that is new to Aviva. The Wordings Assistant will be integral to supporting Aviva's ambitions for profitable growth and technical excellence.
CTU is comprised of technical specialists that cover all elements of Commercial Lines insurance underwriting. This job focusses on ensuring our wordings are fit for purpose and in alignment with underwriting plans. Collaborating with the Wordings Technicians and Senior Underwriters within the team, you will support the delivery of clear policy wordings for our customers.
We are looking for a team collaborator with good organisational skills and a good understanding of commercial insurance. It's a great role for someone to demonstrate their keen eye for detail and methodical approach to work.
We are happy to consider applications from anyone who is able to work in our London office at least 2 days per week (you are welcome to work from home for the rest of the week).Duties & Responsibilities
Skills & Experience required
- Support the end to end analysis and review of the Aviva product suite and broker wording requests.
- Maintain the wordings library across all commercial lines and manage the periodic review process to align with governance principles.
- Support the governance process for wordings - ensure that a high standard of wordings is maintained.
- Project manage the implementation of wordings changes across the business working with the Product, Underwriting, and IT and Change teams.
- Project manage broker wording and DUA reviews and sign offs working with wordings technicians, Sales, and Underwriting.
- Manage the simplification of our wordings estate taking a risk based, data led approach.
- Ensure the Customer is at the centre of decision making and customer best interest is embedded into all activities.
What will you get for this role?
- Desire to develop technical wordings capability and project management skills.
- Proven knowledge of commercial insurance products developed through work experience. Awareness of legal and regulatory issues associated with the insurance sector.
- Experience of working in a project-based environment and comfortable taking on a project management role.
- A methodical approach with strong organisational capability.
- Ability to communicate with accuracy and brevity.
- Proficient IT user, especially Microsoft Office.
Working at Aviva
- Competitive annual salary depending on skills, qualifications and experience.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job
. Just send us an email
once you've applied stating that you have a disclosed disability
and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online
. If you require an alternative method
of applying, please give Megan Douglas a call on 0121 234 7665 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010
*. By 'minimum criteria'
we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.