A large secondary school in Northampton is seeking a Learning Support Assistant who is able to work with a child with visual impairment. They must be able to support the child in Braille.
This is an on-going contract until the child is able to be placed in an alternative provision. This position starts immediately and will be full time. The times are 9am to 3.15pm.
You must be able to demonstrate strong behaviour management skills, solid communication skills and be able to on a 1-2-1 basis as well as in small groups.
All we ask is that you have the following skills and experience.
- Previous Experience either working in provisions in mainstream schools or
- Experience working in a School or with young people with SEND.
- Looking to support a develop pupils with additional learning needs.
- Clear communication both written and verbal
- Be willing to learn
- Have a creative classroom management style.
- Be able to use your own initiative and work as part of a team.
If this sounds like the role for you, then the key benefits for working with Simply Education are:
- Your own dedicated Consultant who really understands the Schools that you would be working
- Employment Benefits such as Holiday Pay, Sick Pay, Maternity/Paternity Pay, Retail Discounts, Health and Wellbeing support and guidance.
- 24/7 access to your dedicated consultant via phone
- Minimal administration (no timesheets)
- Email and SMS verification of booking
- £75 referral scheme
- Access to our unique Educational Development Managers Supporting you every step of the way!
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to make a real difference therefore please do not delay and APPLY TODAY!!!
All candidates who register with Simply Education will have 2 years referencing taken up and will be required to have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks