WHAT WE'RE DOINGWe're on a mission to build the UK's finest digital infrastructure and accelerate its full fibre future - transforming the way we live, work and communicate.
With 8 million homes and businesses to connect in our sights, and a £4bn investment programme to make it happen, we have a busy and exciting journey ahead.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOUWe expect a lot from our team, but we also want everyone to feel supported and empowered in helping us deliver our mission. That's why we make sure to provide opportunities for you to learn, develop your career, use your talents, and fulfil your potential.
With a salary of £50,000- £55,000 depending on experience, you'll also get benefits like 25 days holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
We want everyone to know - and feel - that CityFibre is a place where we can be ourselves, with all the things that make us similar and different. Where possible, we are open to offering and supporting flexible working, among other initiatives to ensure that we develop a safe and inclusive workplace.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
As a key member of the city leadership team, the Project Manager leads the project management of a Fibre-to-the-Home (FTTH) city to ensure delivery of the city to set milestones. The Project Manager will work hand in hand with the Delivery Manager to ensure successful completion of the project to these milestones while ensuring KPI's such as time, cost and quality are being achieved.
The role is the primary reporting function in the city, regularly reporting to senior management on progress, risks, issues and mitigation actions, as well as tracking the delivery against key performance metrics such as number of ready for service homes and contractor productivity.
Duties Include:• Accountable for the transparent and accurate reporting of the overall status and performance of the city/project into the wider business
• Enabling the team to deliver on time and to budget through robust, high quality management process, covering risk mitigation and forecasting
• Collaborating with the city team (Delivery Manager, Marketing Manager, City Manager) to ensure a smooth and effective roll-out
• Supporting the city delivery team (including contractors) on scheduling of works
• Establishing, managing and weekly (or as required) reporting of project Highlights throughout the project lifecycle to CityFibre management team
• Accountable for accurate tracking of status of a city into the wider business
• Maintaining the end to end city project plan
• Reporting multiple work streams for deploying FTTH, FTTP and Metro network
• Monitoring, reporting and escalating issues within projects with risk mitigation management and recovery plans in place to minimise any affects
• Providing accurate weekly reporting on progress, risks encountered and/or forecasted, costs incurred to date, capturing WIP including Risk estimations and forecasted Cost to Complete to the PMO and City Construction Manager
• Responsible for setting priorities for the project to achieve successful completion of set milestones, whilst ensuring that KPI's such as Time, Cost and Quality are being achieved
• Supporting the City team in achieving success, with accurate assessment of project progress, advising on recovery from a project perspective.
• Through a close working relationship with Commercial and Operations teams, identifying at the earliest opportunity risks to delivering the budget, supplier and/ or overhead cost impacting upon the project
• Repeated Log and share key lessons learned to enable continuous improvement across all projects
• Responsible for log and control changes and deviations to the delivery programme
• Ensuring action plans are in place and are being delivered to resolve issues and mitigate risks
• Ensuring delivery plans are achievable and are being accurately tracked
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to set good example to others
• The ability to present to senior management, clients and stakeholders
• Ability to negotiate suitable outcomes that mitigate project risk
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project
• Commercial awareness and previous experience in project accounting
• Ability to demonstrate experience and working knowledge of CDM Regulations
• Experience of recognised project management methodology
• Project management qualifications e.g. Prince 2 Practitioner or APM
• Institution of occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) - Managing Safely
• Degree Level or 7 years' Project Management experience gained within a telecom's (or other suitable) environment
• Full Clean Driving Licence
The CityFibre Way is how we think, act and work. It's our way of doing things. We back each other, think smart and act fast, and we love giving it our best to build a legacy together. When these four behaviours come together, they shape our culture to bring out the best in us, set us apart from our competition, and make our customers remember us.
It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to unleash Britain's potential in a digital age. There's never been a more exciting time to join the team!
If we think you've got what it takes to help us deliver on our mission, the first step of your recruitment journey with us will be to complete a pre-recorded video interview using Sonru. This is your chance to shine and we can't wait to virtually meet you!