UK - London - BrentfordPosted Date:
Nov 19 2020Senior Manager, R&D Procurement, Contracts Management
The Senior Manager, Contracts Management will be a contracting generalist who will be accountable for managing complex non category aligned contracting for R&D whilst contributing to the development of standardized ways of working across business units.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of multiple R&D Procurement categories, understanding of the relevant industries/markets, and leverage this experience to engage with senior stakeholders to help shape, assess, and source GSK's R&D requirements
- Ability to understand legal challenges, communicate with peers in GSK's legal team, and provide guidance related to contract drafting, contract negotiation, and template development
- Accountable for delivering against performance goals (e.g. savings, cash flow, management monitoring, supplier diversity).
- Support the deployment of an efficient and effective contract management process, inclusive of buy channels, to be utilized across R&D Procurement
- Provide contractual leadership and guidance for agreements of medium to high complexity across R&D categories
- Role model and consistently demonstrate GSK values and behaviours, foster the environment of a modern employer and promote GSK network/brand
- Deliver cultural change to enable an organisation focused on decision-making accountability, quality, speed, performance, results, and collaboration
- Ensure Master and service-level agreements are strategically aligned with R&D Business goals by engaging all relevant stakeholders in the sourcing strategy and contract management activities
- Build strategic relationships and ensure the appropriate communication strategy is in place with a global network of senior GSK stakeholders; understand business requirements, identify opportunities to create value, position Procurement's value proposition, and align sourcing strategies to assurance of supply (risk management), compliance, quality, service, cost and innovation
- Create compelling business cases for change and obtain approval to execute from GSK R&D and/or other support functions (Finance, HR, etc.) senior management; agree how benefits will be achieved and accounted for
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in relevant subject (Law, Business, Finance, Sciences)
- Experience in contract management
- Legal expertise
- Experience with team building and networking
- Communication and engagement skills
- Partnership skills
- Influencing skills to drive strategy development and delivery
- Project and change management skills
- Experience with R&D categories
- English proficiency (written and oral)
Preferred Qualifications :
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master's degree in relevant field
- Advanced Doctoral Degree in Law
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email email@example.com
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.