Technical Manager - Steel & CladdingLocation:
Great Dunmow, EssexSalary:
Attractive Salary and benefits packageHours of Work:
40 hours per week - Flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business.About the Company:
Our client is a large-scale architectural metalwork supplier to the UK. They specialize in Staircases - High rise residential Contracts - Public work contracts such as Stations and Infrastructure - Cladding and Rain Screen bespoke packages aligned to metalwork packages. The majority of their work is within the M25 area. Project values typically range from 500k to over £8m and include glass, timber, Aluminum, Stainless Steel - as well as the full range of Architectural steelwork.
They are looking for a Technical Manager with experience in steel and Cladding to be based in their modern offices in Great Dunmow working for a forward-thinking cladding/Architectural Metalwork contractor.About the Technical Manager Role:
As Technical Manager, you would be based in Great Dunmow but on occasion working from their other site in Gosfield
This key position involves managing the whole design function of the business which is primarily based in the UK but with satellite offices both in Poland and India. The variety of design work involved would range from balconies, balustrades, staircases and various feature metal work projects on behalf of our main contractors
This role would suit an established steel/cladding Draughtsperson looking to progress their career.
Your commitment: This role is full time, working 40 hours per week. Flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business.Technical Manager Requirements:
If you think that you are suitable for this Technical Manager role, please apply now!
- You will need an excellent track record and knowledge of cladding & steelwork design.
- Experience of detailing cladding, architectural and structural steel using AutoCAD 3d essential, Advance Steel preferred.
- Must be able to read and interpret Engineer's and Architect's drawings with an ability to liaise competently with Engineers & Architects and manage the flow of technical information essential to the project
- Full understanding of current building regulations / British Standards.
- Ability to work from site measurements and produce fabrication drawings from those measurements. Liaising with the design team / engineers to close out/clarify any discrepancies.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage a number of projects at any given time. Can do attitude to get the job done even if it.
- Ability to create and maintain competent design programs across multiple projects to meet customer requirements.
- Keep track of any variations and maintain the variation record sheets with supporting data for the Commercial team to access.
Our client is an Equal Opportunities employer and their aim is to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on grounds of gender, religion, race, colour, sexuality, pregnancy, age, disability, nationality, ethnic or national origins, nor should he/she be placed at a disadvantage by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable .