Job Title: Interim Clinical Team Manager (3-month contract) and Clinical Team Manager (Permanent)Hours: 37.5 hours Monday to FridaySalary: £50k pro-rata (Interim), £48k per annum (Permanent)Location: North East Hampshire & Farnham and Guildford, Waverley & Surrey Heath
We are working in partnership with a highly respected hospice, who provide care for adult patients, and their families, living with cancer or another terminal illness across West Surrey and part of North East Hampshire. The charity is seeking to appoint two Permanent Clinical Team Managers and an Interim Clinical Team Manager for immediate appointment. Reporting to the Director of Patient Services, the Clinical Team Managers will provide clinical leadership, operational management, co-ordination, and line management of the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) and Hospice Care at Home (HCAH) teams, in either North East Hampshire & Farnham or Guildford, Waverley & Surrey Heath. Collaborative working between the two permanent Clinical Team Managers and their CNS and HCAH teams is expected. However, prior to the appointment of the two Permanent Clinical Team Managers, an Interim is sought to cover both West Surrey and North Hampshire areas.
The post holders will also work with Community Medics and the hospice's multi-professional team, including the Living Well team, Therapists and the Patient and Family Support team, in order to meet the physical care and psychological needs of patients referred for community intervention and support.
The successful individual will need to demonstrate:
- Strong experience of clinical leadership, management, and operational support of CNS and HCAH teams. As well as broader experience working within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Extensive knowledge of and practical experience working within hospices, community palliative and end of life care or clinical settings.
- Experience of workload management, while ensuring the continual professional development of the CNS and HCAH teams.
- Ability to co-ordinate the close working of the GPs, Community Nurses, allied professionals, and other palliative care professionals, promoting integrated working and effective continuity of care, irrespective of the care setting.
- Understanding of risk management, health and safety, clinical governance, and information governance.
- Current registration and professional qualifications.
The post holders will be proactive and positive, with excellent clinical leadership skills in community palliative and end of life care. An understanding of how to manage the challenges that surround these areas is essential. They will be empathic to the needs and development of their teams, with the ability to manage and lead by example. Advanced communication and interpersonal skills are vital.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to succeed in these roles, please submit your CV with a supporting statement, to Jenny Warner, Managing Director, Charisma Charity Recruitment.Quote our reference JO2793 for Interim Quote our reference JO2794 for Permanent
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law.Due to the immediate requirement and nature of these roles, please apply as soon as possible.
Closing date for applications: 8 December 2020
Interview date: 17 December 2020