Hays are delighted to be working in partnership with Leics County Council to appoint a Senior Technical Accountant.
Hays Senior Finance are delighted to be working in partnership with Leicestershire County Council to appoint a Senior Technical Accountant.
Leicestershire County Council is one of the best performing councils in the country. They have achieved several decades of high performances, with their success recognised by Government, industry awards and their residents.
This key role will take responsibility for the completion and production of the financial statements for the council and Pension fund, overseeing the administration of the pension fund investments, ensuring the financial integrity of the general ledger and providing technical accounting and taxation advice to the wider business.
Your key duties and responsibilities will include the;
- Production of LCC's and the Pension Fund Statutory Accounts
- Oversee the fixed-asset register and year-end accounting entries for the statement of accounts
- Co-ordinate corporate financial reporting and completion of statutory returns for LCC and the Pensions Fund
- Oversee the administration of pension fund investments, treasury management and contract vetting activities
- Produce monthly VAT returns, providing taxation advice
- Supervision of a team of Technical specialists including Pensions and Treasury Accountant, Taxation Accountant, Reporting Team Leader and Assistant Accountants.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified finance professional (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA/CCAB) with excellent technical experience gained from working in a large and complex organisation.
You will be able to operate across cross-function teams, providing financial and taxation advice to the organisation. Although working in a Local Government environment would be beneficial, it is not essential for this position and attention will be given to those candidates who have operated in a technical finance role.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with an attractive salary (£48,000 - £53,000) and attractive benefits package including access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
We are seeking to make a swift appointment so please submit applications as soon as possible. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.