VD Recruitment has partnered with a leading group of independent Montessori nurseries and preschools. We are currently recruiting at their Acton branch for a Level 3 Early Years Practitioner
We are looking for a passionate Early Years Practitioner with strong knowledge of the EYFS, good communication, organisational and interpersonal skills. The individual must be highly motivated and have a positive attitude towards working with children.
You will be joining an 80 place brand new nursery at Acton W3 location. This is a full time permanent role with 40 hours/week working with rotating early and late shifts.
Salary Offered -£18,000 to £19,000
Duties & Responsibilities is as below but not limited to-
· Provide high quality care and activities for the children and to recognise both individual and group requirements in a secure, safe and stimulating environment.
· Deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage framework and any other appropriate guidance for young children in accordance with nursery policy and guidelines.
· Observe each child's progress and report on achievements, looking for progression and continuity alongside the Early Years Foundation Stage.
· Ensure that no child is ever left on their own in the room / nursery / outing.
· Understand and participate in the key person system. To ensure that your own key children learning journey/ profiles are up to date and maintained at the required quality level.
· Work in partnership with parents/carers, recognising that parents are their children's first educators, and encourage parental involvement in the nursery.
· Assist and attend parents' meetings and open days.
· Help Maintain the safety and security of all children, employees and visitors to the Nursery.
· Help carry out regular assessments to ensure all Nursery Health and Safety procedures are followed.
· Ensure the cleanliness of the children and their surroundings at all times.
* Level 3 in Childcare & Education / QTS
* Good sound knowledge of the EYFS
* Experience in a nursery setting
* First Aid qualified -preferred
* Key Person experience
* Good written and communication skills
Staff Benefits Package:
* Excellent Base Salary
* 28 days holidays
* Half day off on your birthday
* Funded training courses to develop your career
* Financial support towards further qualifications
* Increased salary for Level 3 Forest School Leaders
* Career progression and promotion opportunities
* Health care benefits including optical, dental, chiropody and therapy (physio and osteo)
* Westfield Rewards - Exclusive special offers and discounts from more than 450 High Street and online retailers
* Free 24 hours counselling and advice line on wide range of issues
* Ofsted "Outstanding" outcome - "M&S gift voucher" for each staff
* Staff discount for childcare
* Pension Scheme
* Introduce a friend and earn a "M&S gift voucher"
The positions are subject to an Enhanced DBS certificate and references.
If you have the relevant experience & qualification and would like to be a part of a progressive team please send your cv or call on (phone number removed)