An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Information Systems Manager to head up our IS team.
This role has the responsibility for the secure and effective operation and innovation of all information systems (such as but not limited to Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Management Execution System (MES), Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Business Intelligence (BI) and related applications for SEM to support business objectives.
At SEM, we design and manufacture high performance electrical industrial motors predominantly for the machine tool industry. Established in 1914, we are justifiably proud of our heritage and history. People are at the centre of everything we do and we all share one common goal; to provide the best quality products on time to our German parent company.
Agile, lean and innovative; we've heavily invested in modernising our manufacturing capabilities in pursuit of technical excellence. As a result, we now boast one of the most advanced machine shops in the South East. We're on a journey of continuous improvement and it's for that reason that we are looking for innovative people that can spot new opportunities and bring their ideas to life. A career with SEM can be hugely rewarding; we will provide you with as much support and guidance as you need, whilst giving you the autonomy to make the role your own.
* Leading, mentoring and developing the Information Systems team by defining job expectations, planning, monitoring and supporting individuals to achieve results and perform to the best of their ability.
* Working closely with the IT team ensure the smooth running of all information systems. Maintain, develop and improve systems and software; identify areas for opportunity and enhancement, keeping abreast of technological developments to ensure SEM maintains a competitive advantage.
* Consulting and collaborating with computer users to ascertain individual needs, ensuring applications and facilities meet user and project requirements; continually striving for improvement in line with business strategy and needs. Provide training, support, advice and feedback as and when required.
* Responding to issues raised via the SEM ticketing system; carrying out investigation to troubleshoot and solve the issue whilst establishing the route cause and implement measures to prevent future recurrences.
* Using Qlikview and SQL, efficiently create reports, dashboards and programs to support Business Intelligence and the Manufacturing Execution System (MES); providing teams with insightful and meaningful data to support effective working in line with SEM's strategic aims
* Filtering suggestions and requests for improvement; translating these into a project charter where applicable and engaging with appropriate stakeholders to bring the idea to fruition, ensuring adherence to the Project Management System at SEM
* Working closely in partnership with SEM's parent company in Germany to ensure adherence to group policies and procedures and to encourage investment and support in new ideas
* Supporting production and engineering teams in the execution of new product introduction from a software perspective; ensuring workflows are in existence for each stage of the process
* Safeguarding assets by planning and implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
* Accomplishing financial objectives by determining service level required, scheduling expenditures, analysing variances and initiating corrective action.
* Participating in the recruitment and selection of new hires and supporting with the orienteering, training and personal growth of employees within area of management.
Our perfect Information Systems manager would have:
* Demonstrable experience of working in a similar role with the responsibility for managing, developing and motivating others. Working knowledge of QlikView or similar Business Intelligence software and coding experience would prove advantageous
* Proven ability to deliver value added results and make informed decisions on the basis of cost, efficiency, quality and business needs
* Happy to listen, collaborate and share expertise with others. Successfully manages projects from concept to completion
* A creative mind-set with the ability to challenge the norm and bring ideas to fruition
* A proactive, pragmatic and flexible approach with the ability to coach and communicate with others at all levels
* An analytical and methodical approach with excellent attention to detail
* The ability to solve complex problems; excellent attention to detail
* A strong focus towards the customer experience with the ability to build strong relationships throughout SEM
* The demonstrable ability to achieve individual and team goals
* The ability to operate and thrive within a fast paced environment whilst working well under pressure
What SEM can offer you:
A competitive reward package, Excellent learning and development opportunities, 25 days holiday per annum plus eight bank holidays, Pension scheme, Health and wellbeing initiatives, Innovation incentives, Travel discounts and free onsite parking, Subsidised staff restaurant, Social and seasonal incentives, Early finish on a Friday
The hours you would work
Monday to Thursday, 7.30am-4.15pm. Friday, 7.30am-12.30pm
Please accompany all applications with a covering letter