We are looking for an Equine Groom to join our Equine team based at Brinsbury College, part of the Chichester College Group rated Outstanding in all areas by Ofsted in March 2020. The contract is for a fixed term period of maternity cover for a maximum of one year, or the return, resignation or replacement of the current post holder, whichever is sooner, in return for a competitive salary of £17,941.37 per annum.
We have indoor stabling for 23 horses, one indoor and two outdoor arenas, plus a training cross-country course.
The role is a full time maternity cover post including weekend work, which involves exercising horses, supervising and BHS training to students.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 5 Colleges based at Chichester, Crawley, Worthing, Brinsbury near Pulborough which is land-based, and Haywards Heath which is due to open in September 2020. Through our Colleges, we educate and train around 25,000 full and part-time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
In return for joining us as our Equine Groom, we will offer you:
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more
Key Responsibilities of our Equine Groom:
- Supervise students while they are working and carrying out tasks within the Equine Centre.
- Supervise the care of horses, ensuring the highest standards of horse care are delivered at all times.
- Schooling of horses to ensure they are suitably trained for our students.
- Routine stable duties, including maintenance of equine equipment and all the equine areas.
- Assist the Equine Yard Manager in continual maintenance and improvement of the Equine Centre.
- To cover the night checks of the Equine Centre when required (e.g. covering annual leave, sickness etc.).
Our Ideal Equine Groom should have the below skills and experience:
- Experience of working in the Equine industry
- Knowledge of Horse Management to British Horse Society - Stage 3 standard
- Ability to ride a horse to a British Horse Society - Stage 3 standard
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people, at all ages and levels
- Ability to work within a team and on own initiative
- Ability to organise own time and resources
Closing date: Thursday3rd December 2020
Interview date: Monday 7th January 2021
If you would like to learn more about our Equine Groom role then please click 'apply' today!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.