WHY YOU'RE HERE And how you help drive our strategy
At Convergence, success is hardwired. It's part of the fabric of our business. It's who we all are. You're here because you've got what it takes to manage some critical tasks for the Convergence Group Core Network and customer solutions. You will take responsibility for managing some critical tasks for the NOC manager, including managing changes, driving continuous improvements, and managing major incidents. WHY THIS IS A SWITCHED ON OPPORTUNITY What makes this role really stand out
The business: a young, dynamic telecommunications company delivering CaaS. The challenge: You'll be the NOC Manager's right hand, to make sure network change is as safe as possible, be the driving force for NOC improvements, and take the lead for major incidents. A DAY IN THE LIFE What a normal day at work looks like for youManaging Changes (40%)
Driving Improvements (30%)
- Manage the change process, working with Engineering and Project teams to ensure submitted changes are assessed for financial, customer and technical impact and risk, then prioritised and authorised accordingly.
- Ensure Communication of the change process internally, and to suppliers and customers.
- Manage changes to achieve SLA's and KPIs, reporting on performance and issues.
- Produce and distribute a Forward Schedule of Change, covering planned and proposed changes, maintenance Windows and change freeze Windows.
- Chair/attend both regular Change Advisory Boards and Emergency Change Advisory Boards.
- Ensure the completion of Post Implementation Reviews and improvements implemented.
- Ensure the CMDB is updated post change implementation.
- Contribute to systems development to automate and improve ServiceNow's functionality.
Major Incidents and P1s (10%)
- Establish a simple and effective improvement process for Engineering and ensure it's successful operation.
- Systematically capture and track failures (SLA, customer complaints, service reviews), review them with stakeholders to identify resolve root causes. Manage an improvement log to ensure that identified actions are implemented quickly and effectively.
- Following failure analysis, produce RFO reports for customers when requested.
- Over time, analyse and identify improvement opportunities which drive productivity and customer satisfaction.
NOC Management Support (20%)
- Own the major incident process, ensure it is fully documented, stakeholders trained, and improvements implemented.
- When a major incident is declared manage the successful operation of the major incident process.
- Manage customer and internal communication during the incident.
- Ensure the best resources are working to resolve the incident as effectively as possible.
YOUR EXPERIENCE What you bring to the job
- Providing support to the NOC manager with the day to day operation of the NOC, including deputising during absence, and completing tasks to deliver NOC business plan objectives.
- Participate in duty manager on call rota.
YOUR QUALIICATIONS About your education and qualifications
- At least 3 years' experience in a similar Customer Service Desk/NOC operational role
- Team leadership skills
- Experience of at least one of the following: change management, continuous improvement, managing faults / incidents.
- Knowledge of how to deliver customer service excellence
- A handson pragmatic style.
- Exposure to a fastpaced SME business
YOUR BUSINESS SKILLS The skills and knowledge you need to make an impact on a business level
- IT literacy - MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- An understanding of Telecoms, Networking and IT infrastructure, but you don't have to be a technical expert.
- Working knowledge of ITSM management frameworks such as ITIL v3
- BPSS and SC clearance is required for this role
ABOUT THE ROLE T&C's
- The ability to work in highpressure environments and deal with pressurized situations.
- A high level of attention to detail and the ability to work quickly and accurately.
- A high level of organisational and planning skills.
- A proactive, selfstarting approach, and a positive, willing attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A level of gravitas that gives internal and external stakeholders a high level of confidence.
- A practical appetite for continuous improvement and development.
- 37.5 hours per week
- Place of Work: Solihull Office
- Competitive Salary
- Substantial Bi-Annual Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance (includes medical, mental health, optical & dental)
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Holidays with option to buy or sell
- Pension scheme
- Reward & recognition incentives
- Cycle to Work Scheme