Saint-Gobain - Winners of 'TOP EMPLOYER UK AND GLOBAL' five years running! (2016-2020) Mine Production Manager - East Leake, Nottingham
This role is working with British Gypsum, part of the Saint-Gobain group is the UKs leading manufacturer of interior lining systems with over 100 years' experience in plaster, plasterboard and ceiling solutions, we already have a multitude of high-performance products and systems that can be seen around you in daily life.
We are best known as a manufacturing business, but where do we get our raw material from? We have a sizeable self-contained mining infrastructure that supplies raw material to all our sites. Operating 5 from mines in the UK both above and below ground we extract Gypsum rock deposits that are then processed on site and used in all of our products, it is the backbone of our business. What impact will you have in this role?
This Mine Production Manager role is based at our mine in East Leake, Nottinghamshire an area of outstanding natural beauty. Working alongside a highly knowledgeable team of 32 mining professionals you will be responsible for managing one of our biggest underground mines we have in the UK.
We require someone with good underground mining and management experience, this exciting opportunity will see you taking responsibility for the following areas:
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Operational safety of the mine and compliance to health, safety and environmental activity
- Both short and long term strategic planning of the mine, ensuring that we work to continuously improve
- Work closely with our planning and engineering teams to ensure strategic goals and optimum OEE including capital investment, and limiting downtime while carrying out scheduled maintenance.
- Have foresight and plan the development of our existing workforce ensuring succession plans are in place and we invest in people for the future
- Driving WCM (World Class Manufacturing) working with onsite teams to develop and embrace digitalisation where possible
We always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; does the following criteria sound like you?
Who are we?
- A passion for health & safety and ensure that this comes before anything we do.
- A good understanding of the mining legislation, major hazards and statutory role at mines
- Experience in Mine Planning/Engineering operations in a leadership position (i.e. operations, installation, commissioning, condition monitoring, maintenance planning)
- Ability to deliver Mine Performance KPIs (safety, MTBF, MTTR, etc.)
- Qualified WCM instructor/practitioner (Would be advantageous).
Saint-Gobain were founded in 1665 to deliver a world first, the production of glass on an industrial scale and have continued to grow, adapt and innovate. We are now home to some of the best known and well respected companies in the construction sector including: British Gypsum, Jewson, Graham, Weber and Celotex.
As a business, Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes materials and solutions, which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. Invent yourself
- Many of our employees go on to have long fulfilling careers within our network of 36 businesses in the UK & Ireland, or across one of the 67 countries that we operate in worldwide.
Career moves in Saint-Gobain aren't just up either. Experience and qualifications in a particular field are great but we don't pigeonhole people. We have an impressive track record of colleagues successfully moving sideways across disciplines. This open-mindedness, combined with the breadth of our operations, means the possibilities for your career path are (almost!) as varied as your tastes. Reshape the world -
Join our innovative, passionate and entrepreneurial community to help us create great places and improve daily life. We strive to make the spaces where we live, work, learn and play more comfortable, efficient and healthy. We're using the expertise gained over our 350-year-old history combined with cutting edge innovation to create tomorrow's world. - Click Apply, we would love to hear from you! SAINT-GOBAIN ENCOURAGE AND WELCOME DIVERSE APPLICATIONS AND ARE COMMITED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY.
We're committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.AGENCY?
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV's/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.GDPR
- You will find information on our privacy notice here: http://applicantdataprivacy/