Funding Audit ManagerChesterfield £30,000Full Time
- Do you have an eye for detail and are confident with managing budgets and expenditure?
- Are you a highly motivated individual who can work as part of a team and independently?
- Do you want to work for a company who are very well recognised as an employer of choice?
ER Recruitment is excited to be working with our client who are a reputable and successful business who are recognised nationally.
The successful applicant will lead the financially management and audit preparation ensuring processes and systems are set up to accurately record and claim all eligible expenditure and contract evidence is robust.Role & Responsibilities of the Funding Audit Manager:
About You as the Funding Audit Manager:
- Be fully aware of the contents and updates to funding requirements, funding arrangements, and eligibility criteria.
- Create efficient and effective methods for tracking financial data relating to all Employment Services Contracts.
- Work closely with the Finance team, Facilities team and the Employment Services delivery teams and be fully responsible for setting up and managing the individual contracts expenditure and checking of the management accounts, ensuring costs are accurately recorded and accounted for each contract.
- Work closely with the Finance team to confirm payments from contractors, including claw back, and ensuring forecasts are accurate and in line with budget.
- Coordinate and execute the day-to-day project finance transactions ensuring invoices are eligible and approved for payment. This includes managing supplier Service Level Agreements and purchase orders, receipt of goods and services, timely payment of invoices in line with project claim dates ensuring a robust audit trail for all expenditure relating to the project.
- Prepare and submit individual contract claim in line with contract schedules.
- Control and continually update and monitor spreadsheets for the contracts ensuring expenditure is updated to reflect actual defrayed cost and future profiles.
- Ensure a full audit trail is in place to demonstrate all costs detailed in the control sheet including full defrayal of all evidence.
- Set up and manage HR audit to demonstrate evidence of all members of staff funded through the various contracts.
- Set up and manage Marketing files for audit to demonstrate evidence of all marketing materials funded through the various contracts
- Ensure that overhead costs are auditable for full control of all premises budget from order to invoice to payment scheduling and reconciliation of monthly staff head count.
- Work with the Head of Employment Services and be responsible for managing and approving the monthly Employment Services Management Accounts and budget reforecasting.
- Attend contract finance meetings with Auditors and ensure all claim queries are answered on time and supplementary evidence is submitted where required.
- Contribute to the development and monitoring of the Minimum Service Levels and Business Planning through full staff workshops on an annual basis and team meetings and appraisals.
- Complete administrative tasks, such as filling out paperwork and filing records
- Use spreadsheets and calculation software to gather and record financial information and analyse financial information for trend and errors
- Prepare regular financial Contract reports and assist in the presentation of reports to managers and the Senior Leadership Team.
Please note by applying for this role you give consent for ER Recruitment to retain your CV for up to 24 months for the purposes of assisting you to find your next role unless you notify us otherwise.While we aim to get back to all applicants, due to the current situation, if you do not receive a response within seven working days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Finance certificates from ACCA, CIMA or equivalent would be ideal
- Strong Financial analytical skills
- Knowledge of public funding bodies
- Knowledge of contractual procedures and audit requirements for the protection of public funds
- Knowledge of organisation's financial procedures and management accounts preparations
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Excellent organisational and administration skills
- Highly motivated - can work as part of a team and independently
- Excellent report writing skills
ER Recruitment are experienced within eight different sectors consisting of Accountancy and Finance, Construction, Customer Service & Onsite, Directors & Non-Executive, Human Resources, Office (including PA/EA), Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain & Procurement.
We look forward to helping you in your career in these sectors, so please send a copy of your CV to us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career in these sectors please feel free to refer them to us.
We look forward to hearing from you.