Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Deputy Director of Finance About Us
Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is the largest and most diverse employer in West Dorset. With a turnover of £200 million and a workforce of over 3,000 staff we provide an acute hospital service to a population of over 250,000. DCH is a vibrant organisation with a reputation for delivering high quality services and our Mission is to provide outstanding care for people in ways which matter to them.
To achieve this, we ensure our values of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Excellence are at the core of everything we do. Increasingly however, like most NHS organisations, this is against a backdrop of fundamental challenges facing the sector. The future will be about organisations working together to deliver the best quality experience and outcomes for patients in a sustainable way. The Deputy Director of Finance will play a pivotal role in making this happen.
The role We are currently looking to recruit an experienced, professional, and highly motivated Deputy Director of Finance with a depth of leadership experience to ensure financial sustainability is delivered for the Trust. This is a key role for the Trust, working with the Chief Financial Officer (deputising when required) and other members of the Executive team and this role will be instrumental in developing the financial culture, systems and practice within the Finance Department and the wider Trust environment and across the local Integrated Care System. (ICS) As Deputy Director of Finance, you will be responsible for the overall strategic and operational management, and performance of the Trust's finance function ensuring all statutory financial duties are achieved. You will also work with the CFO and other Executives to shape and develop the Trusts strategic direction and successfully manage this implementation. The Deputy Director of Finance will also be responsible for the leadership of the finance and procurement functions and will be accountable for the management, motivation, and development of these teams.About YouTo succeed in this role at DCH you will:
In return for your hard work and dedication you will enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Be a qualified accountant with significant financial management experience working in a medium - large, complex organisation and have experience of leading and working with Finance and Operational teams alike in the development of financial plans that enable the delivery of operational requirements, high quality care and financial sustainability.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrable experience of leading and engaging with finance and other corporate functions to develop a mature and rounded service
- Be financially and politically aware, bringing a high level of NHS knowledge on the delivery of transformational change and the wider NHS agenda and act as an ambassador for the Trust when working with many external NHS organisations and the wider health economy including regulators.
- Need strategic perspective, a proven ability to develop a financial strategy that enables the delivery of high-quality services, complemented by resilience and a collegiate approach.
- Band 8D salary package £75,914 - £87,754 depending on experience
- At least 27 days holiday each year and a generous NHS Pension We are a Trust that celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We would welcome applications from people in all under-represented groups. For a candidate pack which contains a job description and full details on how to apply, please contact our retained consultant Nicola Shaw at Morgan Law or to apply please send a CV and covering letter.Closing date 6th December Interview date 16th December