Operations Manager - ( &Drainage Engineers Duties Required)
£28,000 + Overtime + Mileage
Our client is a company that specialises in complete drainage and plumbing services to corporate clients managing domestic and small commercial drainage/plumbing failures. The company provides a quick and competitively priced response to their clients' needs whether it be a simple blockage, a drain collapse or a burst water pipe.
This role will be split between office responsibilities and Drainage Engineer duties (helping with drainage roles as and when required)
To help motivate and develop a team of engineers, support the team of engineers with training issues as highlighted by you and the Business Manager with the aim of having a fully trained team. Any issues picked up on from site visits should be addressed and training offered to engineers.
To ensure all engineers are fully competent and equipped to do their job and look for new opportunities with materials and plant. Identify training and development areas across the team.
To ensure you have the right people in the right place at the right time through thorough planning, knowledge of jobs, ensuring correct plant and machinery is available and engineers have the relevant training and certificates to conduct the job.
To be able to communicate at all levels across the admin and senior internal team, with engineers, clients and the support centre
* To support with the production of quotes and visit sites if required to produce a quote
* Upload relevant quotes onto FBQS
* To produce a high standard quote for larger works
* Provide technical support to team of engineers and Business Manager
* To support with the training and development of the engineers, highlighting issues to Business Manager
* Support the engineer team providing annual leave/on call cover and additional support on site
* Work closely with head office and build strong relationships
* Build relationships with suppliers in order to get the best costs
* Participate in manager on call rota
* Ensure we have all the plant and materials needed for jobs prior to attendance
* Ensure all reactive and planned worked are scheduled in a timely manner
* Communicate with all clients prior, during and following any works
* Set up a plant tracker which is kept updated in real time to have visibility of all plant
* Ensure engineers have all relevant equipment to do their job, highlighting any future requirements to the Business Manager
* Conduct or arrange any relevant training and development for the team
* Communicate with clients on planned works if there is any change to arrival times or scheduled jobs to reduce the number of customer complaints
* Ensure PPMs are conducted to schedule through working with the Office Administrator
* Work with the senior management team to set and achieve daily, monthly, and annual sales and profit targets.
Experience and Qualifications Required
* Be able to demonstrate technical knowledge and competency with regards to drainage
* Be able to approach and resolve problems logically
* Demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm for the task in hand
* Must be flexible with working hours/travel
* CCTV Surveys experience
* Some lining and repair experience
* Drainage tickets desirable (confind spaces etc...)
* Full UK driving licence - Essential
* 2+ years previous experience in a similar role - Essential
* High pressure water jetting ticket
* IT Skills - Microsoft Office
About ATS Recruitment
ATS Recruitment are a specialist agency supplying skilled candidates into the high technology engineering and construction industries on both a permanent and contract basis.
We are extremely experienced and knowledgeable about the sectors we recruit into and have several large national (UK) and international clients who repeatedly use our services.
Please visit our website for our latest roles and news