Hays are delighted to be partnering with Leics County Council to appoint a Financial Analyst/Business Partner.
Hays Senior Finance are delighted to be working in partnership with Leicestershire County Council to appoint a Financial Analyst/Business Partner.
Leicestershire County Council is one of the best performing councils in the country. They have achieved several decades of high performances, with their success recognised by Government, industry awards and their residents.
The Financial Analyst will operate as part of the Finance Business Partner Team to develop and improve the provision of financial advice, analysis and information to the service department in order to support effective strategic decision making and delivering the medium-term financial strategy.
Your key duties and responsibilities will include
- Provision of strategic advice and guidance to the Senior Leadership team to support decision making, challenging and influencing management to ensure the best outcome is obtained for the Council
- Supporting the creation of the medium-term financial strategy and corporate change agenda
- Managing the Financial Analysis and Information Team
- Embedding, administrating and further developing Oracle's Planning and Budgeting Cloud Solution to drive financial performance and reporting capability
- Formulating budgets in line with service requirements and within financial constraints
- Business case analysis and presentation
- Ad-hoc project work as designated by senior management
The ideal candidate will be a strong, confident communicator with excellent business partnering and analysis experience. With a professional qualification, the candidate will also have gained exposure to a wide range of systems ideally Oracle PBCS, although similar budgeting platforms would also suit.
Although working in a Local Government environment would be beneficial, it is not essential for this position and attention will be given to those candidates who have worked in a similar role in a large complex organisation.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with an attractive salary (£42,000 - £46,000) and attractive benefits package including access to the Local Government Pension Scheme. We are seeking to make a swift appointment so please submit applications as soon as possible.What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.