About the Team
The Firm & Personal Independence Team is part of the Independence team within One Firm Risk Management that supports compliance with the independence rules that apply to the firm, it's staff and Partners.
The Firm & Personal Independence Team are responsible for a number of large UK firm wide projects including:
- Annual Personal Independence Confirmation process
- Personal Independence Compliance Testing of Partners, staff and Partner candidates
In addition, other specific projects can arise during the year in relation to on-boarding new audit clients, changes in the independence rules and changes to the firm's operational structure.
The Firm & Personal Independence Team currently comprises 15 staff based in Embankment Place, London and a team of approximately 20 people in a Service Delivery Centre (SDC) in Katowice, Poland.
The UK team is led by a Director who is supported by three Senior Managers, three Managers, a project manager, a project co-ordinator, four senior associates and two associates.About the Role
We're currently recruiting for a Manager to join our team who will be involved in overseeing various independence processes which support the firm's Partners and staff to comply with the independence rules.
Key responsibilities in the role include:
- Management of various independence processes and activities
- Oversight of activities undertaken by the SDC in these areas
- Review of independence analysis undertaken by staff at the SDC and junior members of the UK team
- Coaching and development of junior members of the UK team
- Delivery of ad hoc independence projects
- Liaising with other functional teams such as the Partner Office
- Providing independence advice to Partners and staff across the firm
Whilst prior independence knowledge is preferable, what is more important is that you have a willingness to learn a new technical area, a client service mentality, excellent coaching and communication skills and want to join a dynamic team that provides critical business support to the firm in a complex and changing regulatory environment.Essential Skills and Experience
- Existing independence knowledge or a desire to develop this
- Planning and project management skills
- Organisational skills and ability to prioritise
- A good attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels
- A flexible and accommodating style
- Ability to communicate difficult messages
- Previous high-level knowledge of the independence rules would be beneficial but is not a requirement. On the job training on these elements of the role will be provided.