At British Land we manage, develop and finance a portfolio of high quality properties. We are a FTSE100 company structured as a Real Estate Investment Trust. Places People Prefer is at the heart of what we do, we create outstanding places that make a positive difference to people's everyday lives. We are proud of the scale of our portfolio: Nearly 100,000 people live or work in our properties. They are visited around 350 million times each year and over 1,000 different organisations have chosen of our properties as their home. We have £18.2bn assets under management of which we own £13.7bn; our portfolio includes UK retail, Central London offices and prime residential. We have a small head office of around 250 people and outsource many aspects of our business; the size of our team encourages increased responsibility and entrepreneurialism. Role Description Role Title
Marketing Acquisition Manager - Maternity Leave cover Location
Marble Arch, London Division
Property Management Reporting to
Head of Customer Marketing
At British Land, Places People Prefer is at the heart of everything we do. We are inspired by how places can affect people's lives, whether they live, work, shop or are part of the wider community. As part of our £16.8bn assets under management, our portfolio includes UK-wide Retail multi-let Centres, Central London campuses and prime residential developments.
We design, build and manage places that reflect the way people want to live, work and shop today and into the future. Nearly 100,000 people live or work in our properties, they're visited around 350 million times each year and over 1,000 different organisations have chosen our places as their home. Our places will shape the lives of millions of people across the UK for years to come.
We are a diverse, curious team that believes in shared success and enabling people to be themselves and work in ways they work best. Our small expert team works alongside other expert people on some of the most ambitious, innovative projects in the country, and we are committed to offering our people a rewarding career journey where you can shape how you grow. If you want to feel listened to and understood in an environment where your opinions count and your ideas are encouraged, you've come to the right place!
The Customer team manage all marketing activity that is directed at British Land's prospective and existing customers - whether decision makers, influencers, or day-to-day contacts. The team drive all marketing associated with customer leasing, sales, and relationship management. They develop, agree, and implement marketing strategies and plans telling stories that support business leasing, sales, and relationship management objectives. Typical marketing implementation resulting includes content and design for digital brochureware, marketing suites and on-floor marketing, models of developments, photography, pitches, relationship build thought leadership, testimonials, track record, trade shows, and vinyls. The team will also run branding programmes and events for asset developments and marketing channels to market. The Role
Acquisition Managers are responsible for creating, agreeing, and executing marketing stories which support the acquisition of new customers to support leasing or sale in the most efficient and effective way. Each manager will need to be aware of all acquisition-related marketing activity so as to ensure the consistent application of best practice and so as to be able to efficiently cover their colleagues and manage the ebbs and flows of projects. However, this role will tend to take the lead on marketing that supports the acquisition of business customers. Additionally and from a British Land perspective, this role will be the marketing point person to the Office Leasing team, picking up requirements themselves for action or working closely with the Customer or Place teams. Key Responsibilities
- Managing projects including buildings acquisition and relationship marketing with existing customers
- Understanding the market environment, target audience, and business objectives for corporate acquisition
- Creating, agreeing and executing acquisition and relationship marketing plans on time and within budget to deliver and exceed targets
- Delivering marketing collateral, including brochures, HTML, websites, film, photography, launch events, advertising, social media, hoarding or vinyls, on-floor marketing materials. This will largely involve managing work outsourced to a range of agencies
- Liaising with key internal stakeholders for approval and comment on all collateral produced
- Reporting on results to key internal stakeholders
- Updating plans and budgets and implementation as required
- Constantly seeking ways to improve processes and outputs to deliver a more efficient or effective result.
- Experience of marketing to corporates
- Experience of marketing in the property or professional services sectors
- Solid, practical marketing experience of delivering multiple projects to tight deadlines and under budget in a pressured environment
- Creative: able to recommend new approaches to delivering effective marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven team player; working collaboratively with a positive attitude
- Experience of managing marketing agencies and stakeholder relationships
- Degree-qualified or possesses marketing qualification
- Able to accept and act on feedback
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to self-manage and prioritise own workload
- Excellent organisational skills
- Readiness to ask colleagues for advice or support when tacking new or difficult areas
British Land employees are committed to living our values and promoting an inclusive, positive and collaborative culture. Bring your whole self
Listen & Understand
- Confident, pro-active, hardworking and highly professional individual
- Treats everyone equally irrespective of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, religious or other philosophical belief, disability, gender identity, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, or pregnancy or maternity.
- Seeks out, accepts and acts on feedback
- Awareness of and ability to maintain confidentiality
Build for the future
- Good team player, with positive attitude and eagerness to get involved
- Self-starter who uses own initiative
- Flexibility - able to deal with different levels of workload, remaining calm under pressure
- Willing to learn new skills and tools
- Works to a high standard and always strives to improve
Please note that we endeavour to get back to all applicants within 28 days. If you haven't heard from us within this period, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.