At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.Description:
Bristol-Myers Squibb is looking to fill the role of Sourcing Excellence, international Director of Contracting within the Strategy Sourcing & Procurement ('Procurement') function. We are looking for a proven leader who will be responsible building an industry-leading contracting capability and overseeing a dedicated contracting team responsible for International Markets (ex-US). It will be key for this individual to drive effective collaboration with cross-functional Sourcing Excellence and stakeholders, including Legal, Global Process Owners, and other important cross-functional teams.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Lead team of expert International Contract Specialists
- Lead the hiring, performance evaluation, management and development of employees, and mentor staff in the SE organization.
- Make decisions and set priorities through the lens of the enterprise. Lead and participate in organizational cross-functional development such as process improvement, capabilities development efforts, change management & team effectiveness.
- Provide senior-level coaching and advice, in collaboration with Legal, to the contract management team on managing / facilitating transactions in various disciplines, and provide guidance on interpreting applicable policies and procedures relating to these transactions
- Define performance targets for Procurement-managed contracting process and drive SE accountability against targets
- Oversee the full Sourcing Excellence Contracting process and ensure excellence in contract management for International Markets
- Develop and support targeted Contract Facilitator (procurement & Buy@BMS) trainings based on role and function.
- Provide ongoing guidance on:
- Template identification, issue spotting, redlining as appropriate
- Required pre-transactional steps and prior endorsement, with appropriate risk assessment due diligence
- How to identify and escalate any contractual risks from third-party agreements in accordance to the Risk Management Framework
- Ensure understanding of roles & responsibilities across functions and act a critical point of escalation for Sourcing Excellence ('SE') to interface with Strategy, Process & Capabilities, Legal, and other relevant stakeholders (e.g., Compliance, Audit, etc.,) regarding contracting and Procurement policy and related International operational questions
- Over time, provide enhanced support on contract reviews and facilitation process with a wider escalation role
- Build and continuously improve an industry-leading contracting capability within International Strategic Sourcing & Procurement
- Drive the contract template change management process with advice and guidance from Legal with the goal of continuous improvement regarding the efficiency and effectiveness of the Procurement contracting function
- Partner with Strategy & Process, and Legal teams to identify and build leading technology solutions to enhance or support the contracting process from template identification to facilitation
- Collaborate closely with Director, SE NA Contracts to ensure alignment in strategy, framework and scope.
- Sourcing Excellence & Procurement International Leadership / Teams
- Global Process Owners & Procurement Operation
- BMS International Legal Teams
- Third-Party Senior Executives
- B.S./B.A. or equivalent degree
- 8+ years of relevant experience including drafting, reviewing and negotiating procurement / business contracts, procurement negotiations (preferably in Pharmaceutical or Life Sciences industries [or other regulated industries])
- Experience leading, managing, and developing International team of contracting professionals and in establishing and driving performance expectations
- Other Relevant Experience: internal stakeholder management, data/information management, process redesign and continuous improvement expertise, project management and performance measurement skills
- M.A. or M.S./M.B.A. or equivalent degree (e.g., JD)
- Although not required, legal training/qualification/experience could be a differentiator
- Relevant Professional certifications
- 5 years of Pharmaceutical Procurement experience
- Membership in Professional Associations
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.