Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom
About the CLE Manager Role:
The Cell Line Engineering group are responsible for the delivery of genetically modified cells for Academic and Pharma Bio customers exploring the genetics drivers of disease and advance human health.
The Cell Line Engineering Manager is responsible for leading a team of scientists and technicians who are undertaking activities relating to the delivery of cell line engineering services. This influential role is essential to effectively coordinate and efficiently manage resources to ensure the fulfilment of customer requirements within market-leading timeframes, which positions Horizon Discovery as the go-to provider for cell line engineering services.
CLE Manager Responsibilities:
* Engage, motivates, and empowers team members and builds teamwork and social capital.
* Effectively and regularly communicates with team members.
* Act as a change agent and sense-maker and help colleagues understand the mission and adapt to new situations and problems.
* Liaise with colleagues and coordinates resources to ensure that projects fulfil the customers' requirements within agreed timeframes.
* Monitors key performance indicators and when necessary takes timely action to address deviation from target.
* Identify bottlenecks and constraints and effectively manage resources to ensure throughput.
* Ensures the team has the technical skills and knowledge to meet quality expectations and sustain service levels.
* Continuous Improvement
* Drives improvement to standardize, eliminate waste and address under-performing or defective processes to maximize productivity and minimize complexity.
* Supports the development, testing and implementation of process, technical and automation improvements.
* Fosters a continuous improvement and learning mind-set and develops capability.
* People Development
* Coach, mentor and develop staff to help them perform to their best.
* Provide effective performance feedback and address under achievement.
* Manage the recruitment process, conduct interviews, and select new hires and oversee new employee on-boarding and training.
CLE Manager Requirements:
* Leadership - multiple years of experience leading teams within a life science or biotech manufacturing or service context.
* Change Management - adept in managing and supporting colleagues through change and creating a culture of adaptability.
* Delivery/customer focused - passionate and inspiring approach to on-time delivery.
* Organised - Structured approach to the management of work and projects.
* Planning - Ability to manage and prioritise tasks and time efficiently.
* Team player - works altruistically and collaboratively with others to achieve shared goals and objectives.
* Communicator - Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Resilient - able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and reach decisions in the absence of complete information in an environment with changing priorities.
* Innovation - Knowledge and experience applying continuous improvement methodologies (e.g. Lean, 6 Sigma, PDSA, Root cause)
* Commercial awareness - clear understanding of market expectations and the CLE strategy for success for target segments.
* Commercial awareness - differentiated service models
* Requires a BSc in Life Science/Chemistry or equivalent.
Technical Experience/knowledge - Gene editing technologies (CRISPR, AAV, ZFN)
Technical Experience/knowledge - Comprehensive knowledge of cell line production, QC and manufacturing processes
Experience with laboratory automation
Experience of using laboratory information management systems (LIMS)
Background in genetics or cell biology applications in a service or manufacturing setting
A Business Administration qualification or equivalent
If you think that you are suitable for this CLE Manager role, please apply now!
Horizon Delivers inspired solutions that harness the power of the cell. We are global leaders in cell engineering. Our vision is to unlock the power of the cell, and we are increasing our focus on customers every day. Our unique tools and services are used by our customers to provide valuable insights and applications in - research, drug discovery, molecular diagnostics and biomanufacturing.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status