You'll join the Marketing Intelligence team here at OMD EMEA as an Insight Director and use your experience and skills to garner insights from in-depth research techniques into consumer behaviour, brands, categories, markets, trends, and innovation, and ensure that the team works effectively and efficiently.
At OMD, we provide our clients with innovative media strategies, along with big ideas that are driven by insights. We deliver smart marketing and strategic advice through the combination of data & insight.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the insight team of a leading global media agency with a large and innovative range of research solutions, to get close to client's business and communication strategy, to work at an international level with multiple markets, to gain exposure to new insights sources and to build experience across different industries.
Our team makes a very significant contribution to our agency's income through work delivered to our clients, and we support nearly every new business pitch. We also develop simple but original ways to help our account teams interrogate industry data sets to quickly answer key client questions - enabling our mission of Better Decisions, Faster , improving the standard of work on our accounts and giving our agency and clients a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Balancing all of these competing priorities has become a huge challenge and we need an efficient and pro-active leader to join us and improve our ways of working. We need help to focus in the right places so that we can deliver our commercial targets and also support the wider agency development roadmap.
You won't be intimidated by our jargon or demands from senior stakeholders. You will be able to see the bigger picture. You will make sure that requests for new work are filtered and prioritised based on their commercial or strategic importance, whilst also making sure that we build and nurture relationships with all teams in the agency - even if they are not our current top priority.
You will run a team and will manage the workload to make sure that everyone has everything they need to deliver their best work. Based on your experience, you will be able to quickly evaluate different routes to choose the most efficient way to any challenge. You are a leader in your field, able to recommend new approaches based on your experience and able to explain complex concepts to clients and colleagues in a way that is easy to understand. You should be able to sell the teams work, able to engage an audience with great verbal and written presentations.
- Experience leading Market Research services for all agency clients: marketing research (both qualitative and quantitative projects, design, implementation (field), data management & analysis, presentation to clients), media research (competitive analysis, media market analysis), consumer analysis (profiling & insight analysis)
- Experience leading large scale multimarket Quant and Qual research approaches (Brand Tracking, Ad Effectiveness, Segmentation, Creative testing, Ethnography, Depths etc) and ability to apply the right methodology to the right research objective.
- Mastery of survey theory with hands-on experience using well-known survey and analysis tools such as Q, SPSS Qualtrics, MarketSight, etc.
- Worked across multiple data sources (e.g TGI, GWI, Similar Web, Search and Social, sales data, CRM data, UX experience) to synthesise and triangulate key messages.
- Experience of collation, interpretation and analysis of multiple sources of data.
- Knowledge of complex analytical techniques is a must
- Evidence of leadership and managing a team with a clear aspiration to drive innovation and growth
- Managed a P&L
- Track record in delivering commercially impactful projects.
- Preferably background in research agency but media agency experience also considered
- International experience