My client who is a long-standing firm of accountants based in Medway are looking to appoint a Senior Accountant to their team. This is a multi-sited firm who support a varied and sizable client base in business advisory, taxation and audit services.
You would be joining a sizable team and would work to support the 3 Partners and Managers. This role would suit a Multi-skilled ACA or ACCA SENIOR Accountant who must have at least 10 years' experience in Practice and is ready for a new role.
- Responsible for managing and preparing all tax and reporting aspects of a large portfolio of corporate and personal clients, often with complex needs.
- Responsible for the review (and in some cases preparation) of Accounts for Limited Companies, LLPs, partnerships, sole traders, and some others such as Charities and working men's clubs
- Responsible for personal tax compliance and advice mainly for owner managers, but also other individuals
- VAT returns covering various schemes and other areas such as property (purchase, construction, letting, OTT etc.), partial exemption, margin schemes, overseas aspects, MTD and others
- Other corporate taxes and issues, including ATED, P11d, CIS, IR35 issues, R&D claims & tax planning
- Supervise and train members of staff in areas such as bookkeeping, VAT, accounts preparation and payroll
- Preparation, review and analysis of management accounts and bookkeeping for clients.
- Have initial introductory client meetings and recommend best methods for company structuring and record keeping.
- Meet with clients to discuss end of year accounts and advise them on future developments and tax planning issues.
- Deal with HMRC investigations and compliance checks into VAT, self-assessment and corporation tax returns.
- Canvassing for new business.
- Qualified ACA/ACCA
- 10 years' experience within Practice
- Competent use (and training) of various software programs such as Iris (accounts, personal tax, practice management), Sage, Cloud Accounting (Xero, QuickBooks etc), MS Office products
- Must be fully up to speed with CPD and informed of latest legislations.
If you are interested in this position, please apply immediately and I will be in contact.