DescriptionWHAT WE'RE DOING
We're on a mission to build the UK's finest digital infrastructure and accelerate its full fibre future - transforming the way we live, work and communicate.
With 8 million homes and businesses to connect in our sights, and a £4bn investment programme to make it happen, we have a busy and exciting journey ahead.WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
We expect a lot from our team, but we also want everyone to feel supported and empowered in helping us deliver our mission. That's why we make sure to provide opportunities for you to learn, develop your career, use your talents, and fulfil your potential.
With a salary of £50,000 - £55,000
depending on experience, you'll also get benefits like 25 days holiday, car allowance, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
We want everyone to know - and feel - that CityFibre is a place where we can be ourselves, with all the things that make us similar and different. Where possible, we are open to offering and supporting flexible working, among other initiatives to ensure that we develop a safe and inclusive workplace.WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Please note that this role will cover the Reading and Plymouth areas.
We're looking for an experienced Project Manager to join CityFibre and become a key member of the City Leadership team, leading the project management of a Fibre-to-the-Home (FTTH) project to ensure its delivery to set milestones. This role is the primary reporting function of the project, regularly reporting to senior management on progress, risks, issues and mitigation actions, as well as tracking the delivery against key performance metrics such as the number of ready for service homes and contractor productivity.
Some of what you'll be doing will include;
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- Responsible for the transparent and accurate reporting of the overall status and performance of the city or project into the wider business
- Enabling the team to deliver on time and to budget through robust, high quality management process - covering risk mitigation and forecasting
- Collaborating with the City Team to ensure a smooth and effective roll-out
- Supporting the city Network Build team (including contractors) on scheduling works
- Establishing and managing the weekly reporting of project highlights to the management team
- Maintaining the end to end city project plan
- Reporting multiple work streams for deploying FTTH, FTTP and Metro networks
- Monitoring, reporting and escalating issues within projects with risk mitigation management and recovery plans
- Providing accurate weekly reporting on progress, risks encountered and/or forecasted, costs incurred to date, capturing WIP including risk estimations and forecasted Cost to Complete
- Setting priorities for the project to achieve successful completion of set milestones, whilst ensuring that KPI's such as time, cost and quality are being achieved
- Identifying at the earliest opportunity risks to delivering the budget, supplier and/ or overhead cost impacting upon the project
- Logging and sharing key lessons learned to enable continuous improvement across all projects
- Logging and controlling changes and deviations to the delivery programme
- Ensuring action plans are in place and are being delivered to resolve issues and mitigate risks
- Ensuring delivery plans are achievable and are being accurately tracked
You'll have strong experience working as a Project Manager and a proven track record in delivering medium to large multi-site client projects, managing capital budgets extending to £20m. You'll also have;
- Experience of recognised project management methodology
- Project management qualifications e.g. Prince 2 Practitioner or APM (or extensive equivalent experience gained within a telecoms, civils or utilities environment)
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to set good example to others
- Good understanding of telecoms fibre optic networks
- Ability to confidently present to senior management, clients and stakeholders
- Ability to negotiate suitable outcomes that mitigate project risk
- Demonstrable experience and working knowledge of CDM Regulations
- Commercial awareness and previous experience in project accounting
- Use of PPM system
- Institution of occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) - Managing Safely
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project
- Full clean driving license
The CityFibre Way is how we think, act and work. It's our way of doing things. We back each other
, think smart and act fast
, and we love giving it our best
to build a legacy
together. When these four behaviours come together, they shape our culture to bring out the best in us, set us apart from our competition, and make our customers remember us.It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to unleash Britain's potential in a digital age. There's never been a more exciting time to join the team!