At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.POSITION PURPOSE:
Responsible for handling language neutral activities related to technical processes including billing, cash allocation, customer reimbursement, automated payment and factor activities for a number of markets in the EMEA region, escalation of queries identified through day to day operations whilst adhering to SOX/Audit guidelines. Management of stakeholders as well as reporting financial and KPI data to financial stakeholders. In addition, supervising, coaching and developing Credit Control team performance and BMS behaviours. Support with preparation and commentaries on financial reporting suite.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure compliance with OTC policies, business rules and procedures, and comply with Global distribution Practices (GDP).
- Monitor and manage specific month end (and year end) related activities per Month End Close Timetable. Understand overall closing schedule and assignment of tasks during the close and their respective deadlines and dependencies. Escalate potential risks in delays to month end tasks.
- Have a good working knowledge of company systems, procedures, policies and controls, information sources and analytical techniques. Actively execute update of work instructions per defined scope and schedule. Suggest ideas for improvement within own area of expertise and take steps to implement changes as agreed with support from management.
- Contribute to ad hoc projects and unusual or complex assignments initiated by GPO/PD&E or operations with support and review from manager/project lead.
- Identify and drive areas for CI within a defined scope and support peers and managers in delivering on a broader scope.
- Escalate collection issues to in-market BFS team as needed
- Analyze AR balances for assigned customers and determine/prioritize collection activities as appropriate
- Match and apply payments to customer invoices
- Post payments to AR ledger and reconcile to daily cash receipts
- Generate debit memos based on short payments
- Open credit notes and apply to open items as appropriate, request other credits to be reimbursed
- Request and process credit notes as appropriate
- Propose write-offs of incorrigible debt / accounts for approval by the Local Team and Business Units
- Support regular customer account reviews with the business
- Run the process to collect items before due date
- Reconcile bank GL for month end
- Review and control rejections in the bank. Post them accordingly
- Analyse credit case and propose action to the approver
- Release blocked orders held for collection reasons based on customer situation and feedback.
- Seek business approval as needed to release orders/take appropriate actions.
- Support regular customer account reviews with the business. Holding meetings with the markets. Escalate AR reconciliation or credit management issues to in-market BFS team as needed or supervisor
- Preparation of Credit limit review proposals
- Monitor and resolve billing issues.
- Reconciliation of shipment and billing
- Execution of defined reports such as DSO, aging analysis, sales and AR country specific reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and COMPETENCIES:
- Providing analysis, commentaries and resolution of issues.
- Experience in Pharmaceutical Industry
- Demonstrable coordination / supervision experience
- Experience in customer service or order to cash related specialty
- Fluent in English and at least one other European language
- Strong coordination skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Significant knowledge of order to cash, accounts receivable, collections, logistics, distribution, internal controls, accounting
- Ability to assess and promptly resolve problems; Strong quantitative and analytical skills; Ability to work remotely
- Process improvement
- Project work
- Managerial and Reporting skills
- Ability to work remotely
- Ability to use SAP (SD/FI) and other Customer Service or finance applications
- Advance knowledge and use of office productivity tools (M
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.