THE JOB ROLE
Prospero Teaching are looking for Secondary Science Teachers to work with our partner schools across Gloucestershire.
Acting as a work-finding service, we work exclusively with Secondary schools in the area and provide them with staffing support throughout the academic year. We are currently looking for inspiring and enthusiastic Science Teachers who are passionate about helping students achieve.
Prospero Teaching work with both newly qualified teachers and experienced teachers by helping you find your next position. Vacancies range from planned absence cover, fixed-term contracts and long-term placements. We are able to offer fantastic career progression opportunities with some placements leading to permanent positions for candidates that complete successful assignments.
You will need to have strong behaviour management skills to ensure students focus within the classroom and be prepared to provide a report along with completed work at the end of each lesson. Long-term members of staff may additionally be required to do planning, marking and assessment.CONTRACT/POSITION DETAILS
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Location - various schools across Gloucestershire
- Position - Science Teacher
- Type of work - contract
- Start date - ASAP
- Duration / Likely Duration - short and long-term opportunities available
- Minimum rate of pay - from £100 per day
- Hours - 8:30 am - 3.30 pm
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- QTS, QTLS, PGCE, EYTS or equivalent
- Previous experience working in a UK school
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (desirable however not essential)
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team