AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £56.5 billion and more than 295,000 clients. Our award-winning products include AJ Bell Youinvest and AJ Bell Investcentre. This role is based in our London office, while our head office is in Manchester.
The AJ Bell Youinvest Web Experience Marketing Manager leads the web content marketing team to develop, deliver and evaluate the success of AJBYI website and mobile applications across all our marketing channels.
At the centre of this role is managing the strategy, development and deployment of web content (both written and video content) and ensuring user journeys on the site are optimal to encourage users to convert. You will be experienced in managing a team and influencing content strategy, site structure and usage of the site as part of an overall digital marketing strategy.
You will bring a passion for customer focus and deep expertise around the best use of the website to effectively influence decisions around the development of content, new pages, and user journeys.
* Creating, implementing and evaluating a strategic plan of highly engaging written, visual, video and audio content that is relevant and appropriate to the customer segments' needs.
* Managing a team of 3 to deliver the strategic plan and associated activities.
* Responsible for on-site CRO and UX strategy - from data-driven ideation, execution, reporting and analysis.
* Working alongside the Digital Acquisition marketing team to define and create digital journeys to attract, convert and grow audiences for our services.
* Manage planned and ad-hoc website content change requests and updates, including posting a regular articles to the site, ensuring full on-page SEO (tagging, meta descriptions, links etc).
* Able to build and oversee new pages on the CMS (Drupal) as required to support the wider marketing team.
* Carry out and document website benchmarking activities, working in conjunction with the dedicated Digital Analyst, to review website analytics in order to understand how the site is working and where there are opportunities to optimise the user journeys.
* Provide ongoing recommendations to deliver on key metrics and KPIs through continuous website testing (A/B and MVT) and user experience improvements.
* Monitor, analyse, and act on data to improve acquisition, engagement and conversion rates
* Benchmark against competitor websites; researching and analysing competitor web strategies and industry best practice.
What we're looking for from you:
* Experience using a CMS, preferably Drupal based.
* Confident with HTML to edit & amend webpages when necessary.
* Experience using project management tools e.g. JIRA.
* Competent across Adobe creative suite.
* Confident in using Google tools including Analytics, Search console and Google Tag Manager
* A proven track record and previous experience working in a UK regulated financial services marketing role (minimum 2 years).
* A CIM/IDM digital marketing qualification would be a bonus.
* A familiarity with Agile development methods when conversing with in-house developers.
* Extensive website and mobile application design and user experience.
* Experience of managing people and teams (2 years+ at Manager level) - to have included objective-setting, coaching, and performance reviewing.
* Excellent written English.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Meticulous attention to detail.
* Educated to degree level (business/marketing subjects preferred but not essential).
The role will require significant collaboration around the marketing department and wider business to be effective.
In return for your hard work you will be entitled to:
* All the training and support you need in order to develop within your role,
* 26 days holiday increasing to 30 days with length of service, plus bank holidays,
* Discretionary annual bonus,
* Contributory pension scheme,
* Paid study support,
* Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles