Finance System Manager
System is CMAP - don't worry if you haven't heard of it, I hadn't either. The client understands it quite rare so also happy to get someone who is system savvy with a finance background. They are planning on implementing a new system next year which you be a importnat part of.
You must be a good communicator as you will be helping multiple project managers across the business with the system and supporting them from a finance aspect. Job Description:
To maintain and manage the company's financial systems and help colleagues to use these in an efficient and compliant manner.
The role will initially focus on the CMAP project accounting package used by delivery teams across the business. Over time, the role may evolve to consider the wider finance system and future system developments. Key duties / responsibilities
- Manage and maintain the company's project finance system, ensuring it meets the needs of the business now and in the future
- Build and manage good working relationships with third party suppliers, ensuring excellent service levels are maintained and prompt resolution of issues.
- Manage the data and data controls to maintain accuracy and compliance.
- Provide support in developing reports to meet ad hoc data requests.
- Act as a reference point for the project finance system; responding promptly to all queries and providing expert advice and guidance on the best use of the system.
- Provide company-wide guidance and training on the project finance system.
- Develop and implement process and system improvements to ensure the project financial system continues to support the needs of the business.
- Highly numerate
- Inquisitive with desire to understand how systems work & diagnose root causes of issues
- Good communication skills, both verbally and through written English
- Collaborative, flexible and open-minded
- Builds long-lasting relationships
- Self-starter, able to operate independently
- Able to multi-task and manage a range of competing tasks
- Competent with Microsoft Excel and Office