A prestigious and highly successful business is currently looking to appoint a Commercial Accountant for a newly created role at their site near to Chester. This position is full-time and permanent.
Key objectives include leading commercial reporting, developing profitability reporting at each stage of the pricing cycle among other reports/KPI's. The successful Accountant will also be required to conduct and lead pricing process/monitoring audits whilst continuously suggesting improvements where applicable with close collaboration with the key pricing functionsYour new Role
Key duties of the Commercial Accountant can be split into two main sections:
- Review the current commercial reporting that is in place, analysing its suitability to lead effective business decisions.
- Continuously look to improve commercial reporting, looking to implement full customer profitability reporting.
- Develop reporting links between costings and pricing to allow full transparency of margins.
- Review and implement margin reporting
- Implementation of a commercial dashboard giving a consolidated view of price monitoring at each stage of the pricing cycle.
- Review and develop pricing KPI's and monitor their progression.
- Conduct review cycles of pricing procedures, monitoring against pricing policy.
- Discuss and work together with other areas within the business, understanding and reviewing each stage of the pricing process.
- Keep an up to date process monitor of full pricing cycle
- Understand and review pricing strategies against business objectives and always look to suggest improvements where applicable.
- Review pricing cycles for any risks to the business ensuring there are proposed mitigations which are actively progressed and implemented.
- Ensure margin monitoring is in place at each stage of the pricing cycle and any deviations are reviewed and investigated.
The ideal Commercial Accountant applicant will:
- Be fully qualified - ACCA/CIMA or equivalent (or close to becoming qualified)
- Have strong reporting systems knowledge
- Possess strong people skills with the ability to lead others.
- Have Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Be comfortable with handling/manipulating large data.
On offer for the Commercial Accountant will be £38,000 - £42,000 per annum
, dependent on experience.Apply Now
If you want to find out more about this excellent Commercial Accountant role, please apply now.