We are looking for an experienced technology / R&D Project Manager to join a dynamic, highly professional company developing state of the art new products by transforming new ideas, designs and technologies into commercial success - with a particular focus on healthcare/medical devices. As the Project Manager you will have a background in mechanical engineering, electronics, production, product design or physics and expertise in solving complex technical problems, developing new products and processes. This is a client facing role so will require commercial awareness and knowledge of medical device regulations in addition to experience of managing multidisciplinary teams to provide both project leadership and man-management.Project Manager Requirements
- A first or upper second BEng or MEng degree in Engineering from a leading university
- Experience managing R&D / design and development projects, taking a hands-on role in developing complex technical solutions for new products and processes, creative problem-solving skills.
- A proven track record in managing medical device design and development projects, working within ISO 13485 and risk management processes of ISO 14971, or to the equivalent regulations and requirements of the FDA.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, commercially astute with the ability to negotiate with suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Ability to lead and manage work packages, reviewing the work of other engineers and technologists, dealing with clients and suppliers.
- At least 5-7 years` experience in a relevant industry or consultancy.
- Hands on engineering experience in machining, assembly or prototyping work (from previous employment, university projects or a hobby).
- Experience in developing healthcare or medical devices, surgical tools and diagnostics applications, leading projects across all phases, from concept, design & development, transfer to manufacturing, CE marking / regulatory approval and launch.
- Experience of managing other engineers and reporting to higher levels of management, assisting the business in its wider strategic aims.
- A keen interest in promoting the company, developing client accounts, and gaining industry sector-specific experience
The company really is dynamic, fast moving and incredibly successful. You will get to work on a wide variety of projects - many of which you will see go into production with a major household name on the box! They also put a high degree of emphasis on personal support and career development.Vacancy Location:
Cambridgeshire (Commutable from Cambridge, St Neots, Letchworth, Hitchin, Bedford, Huntingdon, Sandy etc.)