Sales Ledger Support
Head office, Alloa / remote working
Temporary for 3 - 4 months
37 hours per week
£18,879 - £19,932 pro rata
Scottish Autism seeks to promote and provide care, education, support and opportunities for people with autism of all ages throughout Scotland. We work tirelessly to create a world where autistic people are understood and enabled to lead meaningful, fulfilling and happy lives as valued members of the community.
A key expectation of everyone who works for Scottish Autism is that they live and breathe our values; Collaboration, Change Makers, Compassion and Contribution. Our values come into play throughout everything we do at work - how we work together, and how we deliver services to the people we support and to the people we work alongside.
The Finance team works collaboratively with all its stakeholders, actively looking for opportunities to improve its delivery of financial reporting, know-how, analysis and insight to support the organisation's delivery of financial sustainability, performance targets and outstanding services.
We have a temporary Sales Ledger Support opportunity within our Finance team. Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will work with the Finance team to help with the analysis and collection of trade debtor balances.
In this role, you will:
- Analyse trade debtor balances, investigate and reconcile transactions and establish balances still to be collected
- Liaise with relevant finance, services and commissioner staff to resolve queries
- Collect outstanding debtor balances, ensuring this is done in a prioritised manner
- Identify and propose improvements to current processes
The successful candidate will be:
- Collaborative, actively seeking to contribute to the collective success of the team
- Customer-focused, with a passion for understanding customers' needs and going the extra mile to meet those needs
- A change maker, always looking for ways to improve processes and service levels and add value
- An excellent communicator
- Resilient, with the ability to change approach as circumstances change
You will have experience in a similar or equivalent role and proficiency in the use of specialist financial systems and Microsoft applications, in particular Excel.
We offer comprehensive training, opportunities for personal development and a generous benefits package including a range of discounts on high street retailers, gyms and travel and life assurance cover.
Closing date: 2nd December 2020
Valuing diversity and promoting equal opportunities is at the heart of our vision, mission and values.
Registered charity number is SC009068.
To apply for the role of Sales Ledger Support, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Sales Ledger Administrator, Sales Ledger Assistant, Sales Ledger Clerk, Finance Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, or Accounts Clerk.