Senior Shift Team Leader (maintenance)
* Biomass Power Station
* South Leicestershire
* 4 on 4 off shift rota
I am currently recruiting a Senior Shift Team Leader (SSTL) to join an operating 10MW Biomass energy from waste power station in the South Leicestershire area. As the onsite SST, you will work closely with the Plant Manager and be accountable for efficient plant maintenance scheduling and implementation to make sure the plant is running at a high level of efficiency and performance. The company is a forward-thinking business at the forefront of waste to energy design and build, and site operational management. This job is best suited to candidates from the Energy industry, however candidates from an FMCG background with good knowledge of boilers will be considered.
Role & Responsibilities
Within this important role onsite, you will be responsible for the following: -
* Operation of the plant through the onsite SCADA system
* Operation of all plant and equipment onsite
* You will be required to deputise for the Plant Manager
* Using you knowledge, you will support and recommend plant improvements and revisions onsite.
* Being a natural leader, you will provide support and training to the Shift Team Leaders onsite.
* You will implement emergency practices and directives calmly and effectively in pressured situations onsite.
* You will use your experience to effectively use your workforce onsite as appropriate, to safeguard effective costing and ensure safe and efficient operation of all activities on site within all operational processes.
* You will offer supervision and assistance for contract staff engaged in work onsite. ensuring all permits are signed off.
* To work within the Company Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) Systems.
* You will also ensure compliance with all aspects of the site Environmental Permits
This role is best suited to candidates with the following experience: -
* Strong experience within the process industry, ideally within a Waste to Energy business or or within engineering
* Previous experience leading a shift team onsite, ensuring all procedures are followed within operations, health and safety and manpower management.
* You will have experience of previously working on a 12-hour shift rota including bank holidays and weekends - and be happy this shift moving forwards.
* Management or supervisory experience within the industry will be ideal
Skills / Qualifications / Experience
* The successful candidate will be a skilled Engineer / Technician having achieved a recognised Engineering Apprenticeship / Training.
* You are required to have a HNC/ONC or equivalent qualification in an engineering discipline
* IOSH, NEBOSH Health & Safety qualification
* Knowledge of Environmental Compliance and Governing requirements
* Experience of running a Permit to Work System
* Strong knowledge of Safe Systems of Work
Salary & Package
For all your hard work, you will receive the following: -
* Basic salary £48,000 - £50,000
* Private health care.
If this position is of interest, please apply online, and Tom will be in contact to discuss your application.
Keywords : - Boilers, Energy, Renewable, Biomass, Engineering, SCADA